• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Bee

No need to be jealous. It honestly was one of those right place right time situations. As for price I will say that I traded my other 69 383 4 speed bee, a 66 STD. bore 426 hemi long block, 5 B body dana 60 rear axles, and an absolute ton of other good parts that it has taken me years to find plus some cash. Just a deal that the guy wanted some of the parts that I had for some of his projects and I wanted what he had. So we were able to make a deal we could both live with.

Nice Car, congrats! The first hi performance Mopar I ever tried to buy was a 68 Bee, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them! Getting one with a Hemi is icing on the cake, enjoy it!

Congrats on one great looking car! I love the color combo, i think it was here someone had a droptop painted the same and a HEMI in it to boot, Great Christmas start!

Looks like a nice clean everyday coronet till you open the hood and see that monster engine. Nice car.

That's a great looking car you have Matt. It's going be a lot of fun and plenty of experience will come your way. Congrats on scoring such a rare beast. :)

I have been trying to do some research on 68 hemi bee's. As best I can research so far they built 94 hemi automatic 68 bee's, 31 hemi 4 speed, and 3 export hemi's to Canada.
Matt

That is beautiful!! How many white Bees were produced? I don't recall ever seeing one.

That is beautiful!! How many white Bees were produced? I don't recall ever seeing one.

No idea on how many white bees were built. This car was originally QQ1 blue metalic.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!
that is one beautiful car!
And, a Hemi...!
Holy cow!
Nice, very nice....
Congratulations!

Thank you very much. I appreciate that alot.
Matt

Have been doing a little to the bee along when I can. I got the exhaust manifolds off and blasted. Coated the with POR15 manifold paint and replaced the gaskets. I got to say that is not a fun job to do with the engine in the car.
Been trying to get my carbs right as well. I have also been trying to track down previous owners by old registrations that I have, and just sending some time on the phone. I also had alot of help from a moparts member MLR426.
I was able to talk with the original owner today. The car was sold new at Bitzer Dodge in Salem,IL.
Hopefully I can get it all going for the summer cruise scene.
Matt

Auto Transport Service
Back