• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project

Mstudley265

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi all its been a while I hope everyone is well I have been working on my first car a 66 charger and low and dehold I got a new car today to add to my collection because missery loves company, well this find to me is incredible it is a 1967 charger A 440 375 hp with a 4 speed concole shifter and a Dana 60 rear end it is a L code car.
C42097FA-E44B-4400-82B3-95821301ACD7.jpeg

Last edited:
4 speed and Dana, great find! L code chargers are cool. That means 440-375 horse. But there was no R/T Charger until 1968.

Historically, the '66-'67 Chargers were the red-headed-step-child for older Mopar fans. I happen to like them better than the'68+ versions. When it comes to 1G Chargers, it sounds like you found the 2nd best (next to a Hemi) possible; which is better than most.

I'm sure you will be sharing how much rust it has (since you're in the Northeast) plus wiring/engine/transmission/interior/diff/collision/other issues it may have. As long as you post updates, I'll be living vicariously through your posts.

Hi all its been a while I hope everyone is well I have been working on my first car a 66 charger and low and dehold I got a new car today to add to my collection because missery loves company, well this find to me is incredible it is a 1967 charger A 440 375 hp with a 4 speed concole shifter and a Dana 60 rear end it is a L code car. View attachment 1070304

Very Nice car!
Check out the 66-67 Dodge Charger Registry. There are about 54 440 autos registered out of 528
21 4 speeds out of 132. I know of others that are not registered. We registered 2 autos and 1 4 speed.
I would think that is a remarkable percentage of cars still around compared to other 440 b bodies.

Auto Transport Service
Back