• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new purchase 63 Polara 500 383 convertible! what ya think?

RUMBLON

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
63 POLARA 500 CONVERTIBLE
6514457-IMG_1634.gif

IMG_1636.gif

IMG_1640.gif

IMG_1644.gif

IMG_1641.gif

That will be a nice ride. It looks to be all there. How bad is the rust underneath?

How big is that winch you have on the trailer?

That will be a nice ride. It looks to be all there. How bad is the rust underneath?

How big is that winch you have on the trailer?

There is o through rust according to the seller. It appears to be very straights outside of the minor dents in the pass side fender/ headlight areas but it comes with a perfect pass fender, extra hood deck lid, rechromed bumpers and more.

I have no idea on the winch. I have a nice car hauler, so this one is coming home, getting cleaned/ painted and sold to offset the cost of the car and buy a Max wedge scoop, max wedge manifold/ carbs ect.

Dave

What are you waiting for? Get to work! Love the car and looking forward to watching progress on this one.

I took tomorrow off and am working right now, off at midnight then an hour drive home. So I will grab a few hours sleep and head 422 miles to grab it. I have been doing the Mopar thing for lots of years but am new to the 63 64 era cars. I am taking my 17 year old daugter and best friend with me. We can them MOPAR ADVENTURES.

I will post more pics when I get it home or maybe from the ole smart phone.

thanks for the feed back.

RUMBLON

anyone have pics of cars this era and this color to share???

RUMBLON

I ma leaving now, some 400 miles to go get my car.

Not the same color or body, but this is my 63 Polara:

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,607
Looks like it's in darn good shape for a vert. I would fix it up for your daughter and keep it in the family.

I just saw the for sale ad this morning... but then I saw it was sold. I'd say you scored big time! Good luck with it!

Well, I posted a ? In another thread, buy the color is "yy" which I am told is brown metallic . It also has a second inlay color in between the chrome, that almost looks silver.

I'm very very happy with it.

What a car! Externally looks to be in great shape, and you got LOTS (maybe all?) of the hard/expensive to replace stuff with it. A 383 powered Polara 500 'vert? Top of the line! Didnt get any better than that for Dodge b-bodies in '63 (well, except the Maxies....)

I'd love to see this one get cleaned up and come together like it deserves!

well, Im home with my new car. here are a few more pics, some old, some in transit and newer.

I LOVE this car and am doing it brown and white, just as it was. I think the white inlay will look great, when restored.

63 Polara 500 convertible.

WP_000262.gif

WP_000261.gif

WP_000259.gif

WP_000260.gif

IMG_1636.gif

IMG_1640.gif

IMG_1641.gif

IMG_1644.gif

IMG_1650.gif

63 convertibles are really really nice cars. When you are done with it, it will be a great car.

63 convertibles are really really nice cars. When you are done with it, it will be a great car.

Dodge500, yours is a beauty!! I just got home today. My wife loves the car, BUT she wants it BLACK with a red interior! Im perplexed.

RUMBLON

I'd definetly suggest sticking with the original colors! How many black 62-65s are out there? An awful lot more than the fawn/tan/whatever the name was for the color on your Polara. My Polara hardtop was the same color; still is under the couple cheapo repaints. I'm definetly redoing mine the same color; if I ever feel like putting a shine over the primer!

Congrats again; looks like a great score!

Auto Transport Service
Back