• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polara has shrunk......

md71631

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
When I was in High School my 64 Polara 500 seemed to have all the room in the world inside of it. I'm 6' 2" and was that tall in high school. Now I have my new to me Polara with the bench seat in front and it seems I'm jammed up against the steering wheel. The seat is all the way back. I had that problem on my 56 Chevy and they make a seat track extension to allow you to move the seat back further then stock. Does anyone know if they make the same thing for the 60's Dodge's? Appreciate the help.....

You're still 6'2 but are you any thicker since high school?

Have you looked for extra holes where the seat studs go through the floor ( in the seat frame)

Have you looked for extra holes where the seat studs go through the floor ( in the seat frame)
Yeah...Blame the FORK, not the FOOD that is on it.

01 funny 7.gif

Hey, we all gain weight over the years, right?

I think some of the seat extenders are universal. I bought a set for my '64 Polara from Summit. They allow you to bolt your seat back 2" farther on the lower seat frames. I also put a smaller 14" aftermarket steering wheel in.

When I was in High School my 64 Polara 500 seemed to have all the room in the world inside of it. I'm 6' 2" and was that tall in high school. Now I have my new to me Polara with the bench seat in front and it seems I'm jammed up against the steering wheel. The seat is all the way back. I had that problem on my 56 Chevy and they make a seat track extension to allow you to move the seat back further then stock. Does anyone know if they make the same thing for the 60's Dodge's? Appreciate the help.....
Maybe the car didn't get smaller, but you got bigger. That's true in my case, anyway. I am 6'2", as well, and can't get in my '64 Polara or '67 Coronet without cracking my head on the roof rail. I don't remember that back in the day. I am pretty sure that I don't bend as well as I used to.

Haha...... ok maybe I can't get in my size 33 levis anymore.....ok but I can get into 36" still... if they are the stretchy kind... thanks for the heads up.... it was real funny when I was climbing in and out of the backseat to clean the upholstery the other day..... :thumbsup:

I know the feeling and I'm like 5' 7". I could use a little more leg room with my seat all the way back in my '62. Makes you think about how short the average person was back then.

Auto Transport Service
Back