• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old 1970 gtx 440 6pk

tuggy

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Well just wondering if someone knows what happened to my old 440 6pk GTX. Sold out of long island, NY in the 1990's.

I sort of know who I sold it too back around maybe early 1990's. Was a boyfriend of a girl I went to high school with.

Anyway was an number matching original 440 6pk 1970 plum crazy gtx with white interior..But the car was repainted I guess in an orange red color. assuming it was like Tor red or something.

I had rebuilt the entire drivetrain at the time and it was just ridiculous. Had a lot of special things done to the care so it was really built as a Pure stock drag car back before they really had that stuff.

Going to have to look around see if I can find a picture of the car

Anyway love the site Hope to find another Mopar to enjoy one day I'm looking. I doubt I could afford to buy that one back,

Thanks Wile, someone has to know the car, The engine was sort of unique in what was done to it. There were some things still wrong with it when I had it, but I sold it as honestly as I could so I'd imagine the next owner took care of of it

91011.gif

Welcome to the site. Post the info about your old GTX in the Lost and Found forum. You might get results there.

Spoke with Roger today at the GTX registry, he found one in Georgia I believe that matches up pretty well I believe..console automoatic no airgrabber, 3:55 rear, white interior inviolet color code..I passed along my info in case the current guy wants some history..

Well just wondering if someone knows what happened to my old 440 6pk GTX. Sold out of long island, NY in the 1990's.

I sort of know who I sold it too back around maybe early 1990's. Was a boyfriend of a girl I went to high school with.

Anyway was an number matching original 440 6pk 1970 plum crazy gtx with white interior..But the car was repainted I guess in an orange red color. assuming it was like Tor red or something.

I had rebuilt the entire drivetrain at the time and it was just ridiculous. Had a lot of special things done to the care so it was really built as a Pure stock drag car back before they really had that stuff.

Going to have to look around see if I can find a picture of the car

Anyway love the site Hope to find another Mopar to enjoy one day I'm looking. I doubt I could afford to buy that one back,

there is a junk yard not 3 miles from me in South Jersey, always been my "go to" for old stuff.........

anyway, about 10 years ago........ I stumbled across an orange V code 70 that was originally purple. It was completely stripped, but the dash was in it.

about a year after that, the VIN tag had been pried off........ might not be the one you're looking for, but it does fit the description

now it's gone, pretty sure it got crushed, as it was picked clean when I saw it

there is a junk yard not 3 miles from me in South Jersey, always been my "go to" for old stuff.........

anyway, about 10 years ago........ I stumbled across an orange V code 70 that was originally purple. It was completely stripped, but the dash was in it.

about a year after that, the VIN tag had been pried off........ might not be the one you're looking for, but it does fit the description

now it's gone, pretty sure it got crushed, as it was picked clean when I saw it

now that I think about it, it may have been a 70 Coronet R/T........... I just can't remember 100%, but def a purple 70 V code painted orange

Spoke with Roger today at the GTX registry, he found one in Georgia I believe that matches up pretty well I believe..console automoatic no airgrabber, 3:55 rear, white interior inviolet color code..I passed along my info in case the current guy wants some history..
Welcome from PA. My very first GTX is also in Roger's registry, but it has never surfaced after it was sold by the guy who had it after me in the late 80s. It had a somewhat oddball combination of options, many similar cars have been on the market since, but not mine. Thought I had a match with another member here last year, but his had a few different options and the vin didn't match.

Welcome to the site from Alabama. I have some cars, that I couldn't afford to buy from myself, so I know what you mean.

Auto Transport Service
Back