• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old GTS383

Wish I new where mine went. 383 4 sp convertible GTS stripe delete, only other option was AM radio.
Doug

Wish I new where mine went. 383 4 sp convertible GTS stripe delete, only other option was AM radio.
Doug

Wasn't green was it?

IMG_20151117_180315.jpg

Nope, white with black top and interior.
Doug

Probably not that many 68, 383 GTS 4 spd, converts, with stripe delete running around. I did buy it in Mich too.

I believe there was than less than 50 GTS 383 convertible period. Mine was a nice car. Bought it in 1974 for $550. Only mod was a Hurst shifter. Inland shifter was in the Hurst box in the trunk.
Doug

I believe there was than less than 50 GTS 383 convertible period. Mine was a nice car. Bought it in 1974 for $550. Only mod was a Hurst shifter. Inland shifter was in the Hurst box in the trunk.
Doug

39 is the number that is regularly cited, but I don't think that it is a "real" or actual production number. I think it is extrapolated from the ratios of all GTS 4 spd and convertibles and applied to the 383 cars, or something like that.

I would imagine if you can get one to hook, that would be quite a ride!
8 3/4 rear axle I presume?
727 auto when an automatic?
Special K member?
Just wanting to learn more.
Also weren't there some factory original A body 440 cars?

Mine ran14.50s with 3.23
Doug
Special K member?

Special K member?
From the factory, they were marginal performers. It was the smaller cam 383 4bbl, and restrictive exhaust, especially on the driver side, which about balanced the weight advantage over the B bodies. All in, it did not perform much different than 383 Roadrunners, or the lighter 340 GTS (especially the 340 4sod cars). They did not hold a candle to the 396 - 375HP Cameros and Novas

As pictured, mine has small tube headers, the "hemi" grind cam, and other performance upgrades and runs low 13s at 106-ish.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back