• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My password was hacked !

Your password wasn't hacked!

Sounds like a keyboard proximity error.

So I get up this morning and try to login but my password wouldn't work. I hit the forgot password link and was able to update my password and login okay after changing my password. Just a heads up.
On most systems, if your password is hacked and someone else changes it, you can't get back in merely by using the 'forgot password' link. You need to know what the new password is that the hackers are now using, and the 'forgot password' link won't be able to help you with that.

If you want to see websites that have been compromised/hacked in the past where you've registered using your email address, check out this website and enter your email address. Don't be too alarmed if it returns hits but take it as proof that you should always use a different password for every site and one that's not easy to guess.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

How many of you guys have a 3-digit engine size in your password?

On most systems, if your password is hacked and someone else changes it, you can't get back in merely by using the 'forgot password' link. You need to know what the new password is that the hackers are now using, and the 'forgot password' link won't be able to help you with that.
Exactly right. If someone hacks your password and changes it you won't be able to access the system because you don't know the new password. If someone hacks into your account and doesn't change the password, you can still use your old password to get in because nothing has changes. The OP needs to think about how that all works.

I have never used "hacked" as a password and suggest you don't broadcast it here. Pick something a little more original that "hacked" or even "hacked1".

It never asked for my old password. I figured that would be the case but it wasn't.

Exactly right. If someone hacks your password and changes it you won't be able to access the system because you don't know the new password. If someone hacks into your account and doesn't change the password, you can still use your old password to get in because nothing has changes. The OP needs to think about how that all works.
Listen, I tried my password several times before hitting the "forgot password link". When I did it asked for my email address and sent me a link to change my password. When I used that link all it asked for was my new password not my old password. So maybe you should check it out before implying someone else doesn't know what their doing.

Auto Transport Service
Back