• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Wife and I (30 yr olds) bought our first Mopar!!

Welcome from Missouri!! Cars are great, but, the whole family, priceless!!!

Nice 69 Charger project, congrats

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I had a chance this weekend to clean out the interior, rip out the old carpet, clean the seats and pressure wash the entire car to see what we're really working with. Next step will be replacing the engine harness, replace some of the ignition components and see if we can get the ol' girl to breathe some fire again!!

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4124.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I had a chance this weekend to clean out the interior, rip out the old carpet, clean the seats and pressure wash the entire car to see what we're really working with. Next step will be replacing the engine harness, replace some of the ignition components and see if we can get the ol' girl to breathe some fire again!!

View attachment 1352035

View attachment 1352036

View attachment 1352037

View attachment 1352038
This looks like a great starting point for a beautiful Charger restoration.

If you have enough time and money sure restoring it makes sense. But I’d get it mechanically sound first so you can enjoy the car. Worry about cosmetics as you go.
:thumbsup:

Nice score. Get those kids riding in a classic early. Teach them the maintenance and repair without all the electronic perils. My son just turned 18 he has a '73 Chevy PU that he built from frame up, or should I say still building, and also driving. He got a '69 Coronet earlier this year, and just picked up a '92 Jeep with roof damage. He is putting all the irons in the fire. I gotta say it started with a ride to Mopar Nats in my Challenger when he was just a year old.
Welcome

Welcome aboard and great score!

Welcome from Maine! Nice project! Have fun!

welcome to FBBO nice looking charger project

Welcome from the central coast of Cali. My oldest bro live in Bemidji.

Hello all!

After growing up in the classic mopar world, and years of wanting "in," my wife and I finally scored a 69 Charger! This will be mama's car, and she is pumped to get it back on the road after sitting for 15+ years. The car is an original B5 Blue, B7 guts, A41 optioned "White Hat Special" with a white vinyl top. Originally a 383 column auto car, it now has a 440 in it. The plan is to retain the patina, "Joe Dirt" appeal, but recondition all the mechanicals to make the car a reliable driver....we have two small kiddos (2yrs and 4.5yrs) that love riding in our old classics, so finally mama has her own grocery getter, which I know she'll enjoy more than my Chevelle!

Here are some pics of the newest addition to our family!!

View attachment 1349111

View attachment 1349112

View attachment 1349113
Welcome to B-Bodies! And congratulations on becoming a '69 Charger owner! I am rather new here myself, having just joined during the summer.

My wife and I were just 23 each when we bought our '69 Charger new (F3 Light Green Metallic, Black vinyl buckets, 383 HP, 4-speed). We still have it, I wish you as many happy miles in yours as we have had in ours -- 178,283 miles so far. Our son will be 52 next month. When he was born, we brought him home from the hospital in the Charger and he has grown up in it. I even let him drive it, once in a while. My wife is content to remain a passenger only. The car is currently being professionally restored. Too bad we can't be as well!

Steve & Chahjah (Feb 69).jpg

Freida & Chahjah (Feb 69).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, I see you are diving right in. Congrats on a great project.

Welcome to B-Bodies! And congratulations on becoming a '69 Charger owner! I am rather new here myself, having just joined during the summer.

My wife and I were just 23 each when we bought our '69 Charger new (F3 Light Green Metallic, Black vinyl buckets, 383 HP, 4-speed). We still have it, I wish you as many happy miles in yours as we have had in ours -- 178,283 miles so far. Our son will be 52 next month. When he was born, we brought him home from the hospital in the Charger and he has grown up in it. I even let him drive it, once in a while. My wife is content to remain a passenger only. The car is currently being professionally restored. Too bad we can't be as well!

View attachment 1356714

View attachment 1356715
Thank you for sharing, this is an incredible bond that has woven a car, which is truly just nuts & bolts...into a part of your family and rich history. Good luck on your restoration, here's to many more years of you and your bride logging more miles on your very special Charger!!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! At some point, I'll be starting a forum thread for all that want to check in on our journey getting this classic back on the road!

Thank you!
Bailee & Calvin

Great to see youth into the classic’s, what a nice Charger.
Welcome from the
1666219463575.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back