• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wife's 1969 GTX

C'mon Matt, don't make me the only one that's insane enough to actually tear into, and fix up the 69 GTX! Join me in the fun!!! Make a post/threat up there with mine, we can work side by side on our GTXs!!!????

Donny i can not tell you how much that i would like to get started on the car. I have fallen so far behind on my other projest that i have already started with. My 67 dart that i have not worked on since this past winter..... I bought a 72 duster 340 car that i was going to do a little work on , but basically just drive and enjoy some, but the motor went down due to cam faliure, and i had to totally rebuild it, so that has taken most of my summer. I hope to get my garage cleaned out for winter and work on the dart some. Maybe in a year or so i can get it finish and start on the GTX. BTW you should be done by then so i can fly you in to work on my car. LOL Thanks for the encouragement, and your car is and will be coming along way.
Congrts, Matt

Matt, I know the feeling of not having the time. I bought this mess in 1999, but US Army commitments has had me going crazy all these years, never any time to do anything except basically look at it. Just in 2008 I was able to tear it down all the way, exposing the rust etc. This is the kind of work the very wealthy can afford to pay this or that restoration shop to do, or, blokes like us do it when we can. There is no way I would pay someone to do this level of work on my car as the car would not be worth it in the end. Doing it yourself should be a feather in your cap...good luck, and keep us posted.

Auto Transport Service
Back