• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wife's (my) 65 Belvedere wagon headers

TTI Shorties ! They fit great took a total of 10 minutes to install.
Don't forget the head pipes if not going for a complete system.It will make your life easier.

View attachment 1374602

View attachment 1374603
Yes I also sprung for the head pipes. I already have a new dual exhaust that was done earlier this year. Glad to hear that they are an easy installation. The 360 going in is a mild build. Electronic ignition, aluminum intake and 4 barrel, heavy duty oil pump and a cam for more torque. Plus a double roller timing chain. It should be a good street driver.

To update this thread. I'm installing a 360 and going with TTI shorty headers. Thanks for all the input.
I would use the original manifolds and just have some duals bent up (or a system if someone makes one) Headers won't do much for you in that application. A nice dual system, a 4 barrel, and a distributor recurve will do you the most good. Depending where you drive, a rear gear change might help as well.
Oops, I didn't read far enough to see the 360 plan.

The trouble you will find is that the 62-65 b-bodies use a different k-member with the engine in a different location than later B's. If you look in a summit or jegs catalog, everything is for 67-up (I don't know why it' wasn's not 66 up).
I think you might be stuck with Doug's, or TTI's. Neither is inexpensive.
You might try a want add here for used..... or you could gamble with some shorties. They wouldn't be "vintage".
Edit: I'm not sure WHY the newer headers don't fit. All the header manufacturers say they don't. I wonder if it's just a matter of moving a tube or two.......? You might want to start a thread to see if anybody has used 67 up headers on a 62-65.
65 and later moved the engine back about 1 and 1/2 inches, (am not sure about the wagons) I found out on my 64 bel in 1975 after I found a crack in the K that was in the car, it was fun putting it back together with the 67 X K-member, but to the question, even then when there was still a lot of those old cars still around, there wasn't any headers that fit right, even then. we had to beat the hell out of the two front tubes for clearance, both sides if I remember, but now this last set of TTI s would have cleared with no mods, finally after almost 50 yrs but alas, two Kmembers to late!! If you change the K to a later K ,you can use the headers without mods, if you use the early K your choice is which hammer to use. Dave.

65 and later moved the engine back about 1 and 1/2 inches, (am not sure about the wagons) I found out on my 64 bel in 1975 after I found a crack in the K that was in the car, it was fun putting it back together with the 67 X K-member, but to the question, even then when there was still a lot of those old cars still around, there wasn't any headers that fit right, even then. we had to beat the hell out of the two front tubes for clearance, both sides if I remember, but now this last set of TTI s would have cleared with no mods, finally after almost 50 yrs but alas, two Kmembers to late!! If you change the K to a later K ,you can use the headers without mods, if you use the early K your choice is which hammer to use. Dave.
Yeah, I'm going with the TTI shorties. I also have a 440 in a 69 Dart so I am familiar with the hammer modifications. I went with the coated headers just for longevity. Once they are in I'm hoping I don't have to do it again for a long time.

Auto Transport Service
Back