• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Y2 yelow 1969 Road Runner

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I love this add. I had my oldest boy who was 6 at the time when Schlitz came back out with the original formula asking me if I would be "Going for the Gusto" when we would be at the supermarket picking up beer.

A toast is in order....

View attachment 116619

- - - Updated - - -

That is really making me lean toward the orig, yellow for my SS1 Yellow GTX Awesome!!!

Thanks. There is a lot of yellow there. I dont know if I would like it so much if it didn't have the black vinyl top and the stripes on the hood to break it up a bit. I look forward to getting that top on and when they spray the stripes. The car also came with the white reflective stripe down the side.

Brian

Every now and again guy's post up resto. progress and when you look at what the shop is doing you just cringe. This shop has got it going on!!!!!! There isn't one picture that I looked at and had to say to myself what the H$%l???
Your car is going to be perfect when done.
You should be very proud, Best of Luck with your brand new 1969 Road Runner beep beep!!

They do really good work. Your bird is looking outstanding. I'm sure you're grinning ear to ear every time you visit your old Plymouth and see it coming back to life. You're gonna have one super sharp car.

Well hello again b-body members. I can’t believe it’s been since 2013 since the last post! Well life happened and I had to shut down the project but I’m happy to report I’m back in the game and have begun getting the car put back together. I’ll be posting pictures soon as progress is made. Looking forward to seeing this back on the road!

Holy thread resurrection Batman. Glad to hear you are getting back on it. After 9 years, a lot of guys would have given up and sold everything off. Here's to smooth sailing towards completion :drinks:.

Good to see you back. I had mentioned to John Gaddy that it was a shame you didn't keep the vin# which was stamped in the drivers-side rear qtr drip rail. Is Amberzini still doing the car? I thought perhaps with his problems, you may have moved the car.

Good to see you back. I had mentioned to John Gaddy that it was a shame you didn't keep the vin# which was stamped in the drivers-side rear qtr drip rail. Is Amberzini still doing the car? I thought perhaps with his problems, you may have moved the car.
I honestly didn’t know about the VIN there. Oh well. And no the car has been moved to a different shop.

Nice color! Here is a little incentive for you. I started my 69 GTX in late 2015 and finished it just in time to drive to Carlisle in 2019. Here is a pic from the 2019 event.

upload_2021-6-12_10-9-13.jpeg

Dash is in and wire harness has been routed somewhat. The power disc brake conversion kit came in so that will be next in line.
IMG_2934.jpg
IMG_2936.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back