• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAG1 / KEISLER 6 / MOPAR 5 speed

All this for one more gear, yes sir...I will have less than 3500 in this trans and keisler quoted me 6150 for a complete kit. Thanks for the pic 4ever69. I think it's worth the extra work. Plus cruising on the interstate going to mopar nats at 75mph @ 1900rpm.

what have you guys used for a trans crossmember or do i have to make my own. thanks

I made my own when I did my swap but I used an NV3500 truck trans....so I am probably of no help

is it that much better to change out the 4 speed for a later model 5/6 speed or add a Gear Venders OD unit?

PASSON A-855. Order it up. It's available and it's badass! I want one!

I made my own when I did my swap but I used an NV3500 truck trans....so I am probably of no help
There's no comparison from an old school 4 speed to a new gen 5 or 6 speed. The newer transmissions shift so much better, but you have to cut the tunnel up for them to fit....

If you choose to go with the NAG1 try giving Eddie at Southern HotRod a call. not cheap but bullet proof.

http://www.southernhotrod.com/

Good Luck

Thats a terrible plan, I USED to sell their stuff. USED TO being the operative words.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 4L80 in my car. Overdrive, holds about 800 rear wheel torque the way its built. With a 3.70 rear gear 75 on the highway is 2200 and it cruises super smooth.

You can run a NAG1, I have the stand alone controllers now. But honestly, its cheap to run a 4l80.

How did the conversation jump from rock crushers to slush boxes???? :)

if anyone is interested in transplanting a 6.1 with the tr6060 6speed. i have a project thread "my 70 barn find". i am no way an expert just showing the progress on how we are doing it. give you guys some ideas or if YOU have better ideas im all ears. alot of work but she is slowing coming together.

PASSON A-855. Order it up. It's available and it's badass! I want one!
Define available. I still want to hear from ONE person who has a Passon 5 speed installed and running in the car. Silence.

alot of work but she is slowing coming together.

Slowly ? ? She's sue coming together quite nicely USARR ! ! ! Love seeing your updates and the progress . . . keep at your therapy my friend ! ! ( smile )

Define available. I still want to hear from ONE person who has a Passon 5 speed installed and running in the car. Silence.

Half way there. Installed but still a lot of work to do before it is running.

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 335
There's no comparison from an old school 4 speed to a new gen 5 or 6 speed. The newer transmissions shift so much better, but you have to cut the tunnel up for them to fit....

The only change to the floor I had to make was a hole for the shifter to come through. But this is not a sports car trans either. I am excited to get to drive it this year finally....I hope!

Rescind the BOL's and APB's. Take them off of milk cartons. One actually showed up after 4 years. The one on the right is a Passon 5 no-cut that fits E's and B's. image.jpgimage.jpg

4 1/2 years and the guys on Moparts are still waiting for their Passon 5. My pal got his and the break in is extended. 100 miles for every 100 HP. That's 700 miles. Too long in my opinion. Then, it has to be city driving. Come on? Amazing that anyone can have a following like he has after making them wait for over 4 YEARS. I'll suffer with my old Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeisler and have miles of smiles.

bringing this up for 747mopar

Auto Transport Service
Back