• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name the Color

Name the 68 Plymouth Color

• UU-1 / 13445 Frost Blue Poly

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • DD-1 / 13360 Mist Blue Poly

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
That G green is a tough color to match. Is the 67 to 68 mixing formula different? Or just your mix they sold you?
The spray methods make a huge difference in how that color comes out. Air pressure, how thick of coats, how thin or thick the paint is from reducer etc. I’m sure you are no stranger to these ideas.
You are 100% correct on the mixing they will sale you ,Im going thru this stage as i speak.I got two spray can samples made up of the GG1 N F8 dark green poly for the 69 model year n the two when applied are two different shades n the F8 they mixed is no way near what i comared it two on the underside of my wire looms orginal to the car

I had this same dilemma. 52 years of wear and sun fading and the paint chips didn't match what I had. U Frost Blue seemed closer so I worked with my paint supplier to help find a color that matched close enough for me.
The colors were simply brushed on to see if they were close.
Interior Paint Match.JPG

This is the color that matched the best:
Correct Match for U Frost Blue.jpg

Would one determine that the dd1 code has any sort of variant in 64 ? Or is that the same colar as the uu1 code for 68 ?

Different color, but close. 1968 they had a few one year only colors.

Auto Transport Service
Back