• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASCAR Chicago

It's great that a Kiwi won the Chicago race, but I can't help feeling a bit bewildered and a sense of loss that NASCAR has cheapened themselves by putting their name to street racing.

I am all for V8 racing but feel that street racing should be called something else even if it is run by NASCAR. In New Zealand we have the V8 Supercars. In fact, the Kiwi who won the Chicago race is a V8 Supercar champion so no surprises that he won over other drivers who are not used to street racing or tight corners.

The SC in NASCAR died in the early '70s. Times change. That is understandable. But I would like to see NASCAR stick to the traditional tracks because I like watching the skills and strategies drivers use on those tracks at those speeds.

Your thoughts?

View attachment 1490690
I want to see the Giz take on the Indy race at the Brickyard.

Chances are that Scotty Dixon will be an image in the rear-view mirror.

Stickers are one thing, but mustangs in NASCAR?

It’s not for me anymore.
That's why Ford developed the Boss 9.
Strictly for NASCAR.
Big rule changes in NASCAR prevented
it's competition. You'll notice the 426
Hemi disappearing from NASCAR at
about the same time.
The 9 actually won more lower level
NASCAR sanctioned events than the
mighty 426, but it was only for 1 or
2 races in a single season.
I didn't care for the "forced" image
of NASCAR racing on the streets
in one of America's worst reputation
of cities. I've attended the Houston
Grand Prix a couple times. A NASCAR
race there seems more appropriate.

Last edited:
NASCAR in Chicago? Why do I envision armed carjackings at pit stops and smash and grabs done on tool chests?

Auto Transport Service
Back