• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASCAR Today

Bee1971

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
I don’t care if your a fan or not

To watch this live was just crazy - Honestly thought it was an video issue

Even on all the replays you watch , you just say , did that just really happen

No he didn’t win the race , but this unbelievable brilliant move got him into the final four to win a Championship next week

It worked in a computer game, so why not try it. If they are scoring it, I would give him a 10.

Hey, what's a little paint?

Must be the Sprint Car driver in him. (If he raced them). I was at a Sprint Car race where a driver drove up the wall and around the turn like that.

I loved it! I didn’t like the playoffs at first, but without them the race was over with 3 laps to go. I did feel a little bad for Bell… Chastain stole all his thunder! He had to win to get in! :D

Thanks for the in-car. That’s some stuff right there. WOT into the wall! Watched the end today, couldn’t believe it. Denny got beat, ha!

Rickard Petty talked about how drivers (himself included) often rode the wall at Darlington, hence the term 'Darlington Stripe' which referred to the paint missing on the side of the car from the wall.

One of the best moves I've seen in nascar lately. Also from a driver that has some life in him. Not just a corporate firesuit
I am a fan, nice move Ross

High Line Handsome Harry Gant perfected the Darlington stripe.
Na$car today acts like they never heard of it.
Na$car wants to be like the stick and ball sports so badly.
After the "regular season" if you aren't in the "playoffs" why even bother racing. You can't move higher in the points than the lowest ranked playoff driver and that driver can't go any lower no matter how badly they finish.
What I found funny was the instant Chastain did that the announcers started talking about video games, as if it was a planned move.
Any other time in the tace the yellow would have come out with all the debris being scattered on the track.

Yawn

Other then the fact it was on the last turn on the last lap and He had to pass a number of cars to get the necessary points

And he did it without taking out not one single driver or car

Pretty damn impressive thinking on his part

Darlington stripe is one thing.

That was reckless and dangerous. Definitely not "racing"

Good thing nobody in 3/4 ended up backed against the wall in front of him as he was rim riding at 150+. That would have not likely ended well or a few other potential horrible results. It all about driver safety... at least that's what the brass wants you to think. LOL All the trash from his act and no caution when cars barely touch the wall there and instant yellow. Safety, right? Miles worse than the wallace incident IMO that na$crap called a "Dangerous act".

Cool to watch, that's about it. JMO

Yes, all the video game boys will love it and the talking heads will have something to fill content with
all week on the various shows and podcasts...
But it was a damn reckless move by a guy who has proven to be a classless driver, who often drives with
total disregard of the safety of fellow competitors.
Somebody is going to wind up beating his arse before it's over, sort of like Bubba.

The reason for no caution flag is because the race is considered over when 1st place crosses the finish line. Bell had crossed or was real close to crossing the line when Chastain did the wall ride. Chastain was back in 9th or 10th and got up to 5th with that move. It was a last ditch effort to put himself into championship contention.

Reckless? Yeah, probably. But no more reckless than the "bump and run". Or various other "techniques" of passing people.

Hamlin got to be champion by wrecking guys! Chastain didn't wreck anybody just did what he had to do to continue in the playoffs!
Everybody who's ever driven a slot car knows the fence is fast,long before video games came along!

Auto Transport Service
Back