• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASCAR Today

The race isn't over until ALL cars cross the finish line. If it ended when Bell crossed the line then Chastain couldn't advance his position.
They sis t throw the caution because it nade for manufactured drama and na$car is all about manufactured drama.
Regarding Wallace's actions, he should have been suspended for the year.
One, he intentionally spun a car. Suspendable offense. Two, he exited his car and did not enter the ambulance. Suspendable offense. Three, he pushed an official. Suspendable offense. Four, he then walked from his car to the other driver's car (Suspendable offense) and then pushed and tried to start a fight with that driver (Suspendable offence).
He got a ONE race suspension. By contrast, another driver had a wheel nut come loose and the crew chief got a FOUR race suspension.
Safety my skinny, wrinkled, old ***.
Na$car is the wheeled version of rasslin or a circus.

The race isn't over until ALL cars cross the finish line. If it ended when Bell crossed the line then Chastain couldn't advance his position.
They sis t throw the caution because it nade for manufactured drama and na$car is all about manufactured drama.
Regarding Wallace's actions, he should have been suspended for the year.
One, he intentionally spun a car. Suspendable offense. Two, he exited his car and did not enter the ambulance. Suspendable offense. Three, he pushed an official. Suspendable offense. Four, he then walked from his car to the other driver's car (Suspendable offense) and then pushed and tried to start a fight with that driver (Suspendable offence).
He got a ONE race suspension. By contrast, another driver had a wheel nut come loose and the crew chief got a FOUR race suspension.
Safety my skinny, wrinkled, old ***.
Na$car is the wheeled version of rasslin or a circus.

Maybe they didn't see it, much like the Byron sending Hamlin spinning into the grass under caution at texas. It's about driver safety... LMAO

Agreed, race isn't over until all active competitors cross the line after winner takes flag or are retired/unable to finish last lap.

I still don't get it. What was the purpose of him intentionally hitting the wall and why was that so great?

I still don't get it. What was the purpose of him intentionally hitting the wall and why was that so great?

Stupid playoff thing where only the top 4 of 8 competitors race for championship next weekend.

Her was out by about 4 places/points and needed to pass at least 4 cars in the last corners. He got the spots and advanced over the other driver that had been 4th in the standings.

Reminded me of this.

A bunch of my friends had a discussion on that move back when it happened and we all feel the same way bout this move yesterday. Na$crap should have instituted a rule you can't rim ride to gain positions back then. At least Edwards was in position to make a pass, went REALLY deep, dove under and hit the wall. At least he didn't wall the car on entry to the corner. Edwards didn't do anything close to the garbage done yesterday.

Darlington stripe, which is an accepted driver skill deal, is a different deal than this nonsense of gas it up and bury it in there. Took zero skill to do what went down yesterday.

Looks like it was to use the retaining wall to counteract the centrifical force of the oval track. The other cars had to keep their speed down to maintain control in the curves. He used the wall as a retainer so he could hammer down the throttle WFO and get max speed.

If he would have tried to take that turn at that speed away from the wall he would have spun out or crashed into the wall with no chance of advancing any positions. Doing what he did was reckless imo but it was a way to maintain the speed he needed to advance four or five positions. Nobody has ever taken that turn that fast, and his lap time on that lap was supposedly two seconds faster than any lap on the track.

I recently read an article where he stated its nice to be in a sport where it's okay to wreck a car that's worth that much money in order to win a race. Explains his state of mind on what he attempted to do in this race. He won't last long.

If he would have tried to take that turn at that speed away from the wall he would have spun out or crashed into the wall with no chance of advancing any positions. Doing what he did was reckless imo but it was a way to maintain the speed he needed to advance four or five positions. Nobody has ever taken that turn that fast, and his lap time on that lap was supposedly two seconds faster than any lap on the track.

I recently read an article where he stated its nice to be in a sport where it's okay to wreck a car that's worth that much money in order to win a race. Explains his state of mind on what he attempted to do in this race. He won't last long.
I'm sure he is really popular with the other drivers right now......:mob:

A bunch of my friends had a discussion on that move back when it happened and we all feel the same way bout this move yesterday. Na$crap should have instituted a rule you can't rim ride to gain positions back then. At least Edwards was in position to make a pass, went REALLY deep, dove under and hit the wall. At least he didn't wall the car on entry to the corner. Edwards didn't do anything close to the garbage done yesterday.

Darlington stripe, which is an accepted driver skill deal, is a different deal than this nonsense of gas it up and bury it in there. Took zero skill to do what went down yesterday.
If you think it took 0 skill to complete that move then you obviously never raced oval track.

It's not quite that straight forward. Many variables come into play. Took some big stones to attempt that and pull it off safely. That's like saying drag racing games no skill. You just mash the gas and go straight. Right?

Nascar has always been about not getting caught cheating and beating the rule book!
Chastain just schooled them!
Where's DW , I would have loved to hear his definition of that move! "unwadded hisself"
That move is head and shoulders above being pushed by a team mate IMO. because not all cars are multi car teams, what's fair about that?
The whole game should become "run what you brung" as long as you meet wheelbase/weight/body height/fuel capacity, then we might see some interesting packages, not a box of cookies!

Looks like they will have to modify the safer barrier to a slower barrier as well. The next gen composite body parts seems to have made them more “video game-ish” anyway.

Not a NASCAR fan at all especially since the "Chase" and all the other stupid rules they are bringing in to make it similar to a ball sport. However with all the hubbub about this I decided to watch it last night. I say good for him, no rule against it, he didn't punt a better driver because he couldn't outdrive him either.
I can't imagine why teams race for points when they mean nothing at the end of the year though. The whole thing is a joke and it's reflected in the empty stands.

Auto Transport Service
Back