• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nascar's Tony Stewart hits fellow driver

If all he gets is a slap on the wrist and pays the family some cash I think that would be bullshit, he should lose his nascar license at minimum. At max he should get 2 years in the feds playhouse and lose his nascar license plus pay the family. I'm sure he feels bad and is devastated emotionally I will give him the benefit of the doubt but where is he why is he not all over the news making this right?

A prosecutor for the family will have their day in civil court he may not get jail time but he is done professionally.

And btw I dont shut up for no man! Plug your ears if you don't like my opinion lol I miss Dawg in these coverts
So, at what point are you giving Tony Stewart the benefit of the doubt? Is it the part where you say he should lose his liscence? Is it the part where you say he should get 2 yrs plus pay the family? Help me understand your post.

The kid was too close to the first car and had to move back. He was lucky that car didn't hit him first. If you can call that lucky.

So, at what point are you giving Tony Stewart the benefit of the doubt? Is it the part where you say he should lose his license? Is it the part where you say he should get 2 yrs plus pay the family? Help me understand your post.

Benefit that he did not do it on purpose and he feels horrible about it.

PS. I think TS is a witch, burn him! burn the witch! lmao

I agree. It seems to me that this is a direct result of the Nascar (and other forms of racing) culture of getting out of the car to confront another driver while he drives around the track. They need to impose heavy penalties/fines/suspensions for drivers who exit their vehicles in that manner. It's amazing that this has been allowed to go on this long. But it sells with the public, so that's probably why they've allowed it to this point.
Exactly what I was thinking. NASCAR has allowed this type of on track confrontation to go on because they think it puts asses in the seats and helps get news coverage. When it happens, the driver usually gets a slap on the wrist if they even get that. It's bound to trickle down to the lower forms of racing when these young drivers see this crap from the big boys.
Another observation. When did it become ok for drivers and teams to wear dark uniforms on the track and in the pits. Way back when we had an old modified that we used to race on Saturday nights, we had to wear all white uniforms or you wouldn't even get into the pits at our little local quarter mile oval. Just seems like a common sense safety measure.

paladin06 your rite on the money.
Opinions are like a-- h---- everybody has one! Only 2 people know what really happened and 1 is dead.

It was under caution. Drivers are warned to avoid track workers, parts that may be lying on the track, angry drivers. And they have radio contact with spotters & such. So I'm sure Tony was told the guy was out there. Also I have seen many drivers do this. I have also seen drivers get out of a wrecked car a bit wobbly & stumble across the track.

Sprint cars do NOT have radio contact or spotters and a sprint car is sideways as much as pointed straight ahead. I officiated SCCA, IMSA, CART, Indy Car and Formula One races for many years and active tracks (even under yellow) are extremely dangerous, especially on a street course where you are fenced in. A yellow flag means "caution." It is common for racers to do almost race speed to close a gap during a caution.

Ward, may he rest in peace, did something stupid and lost his life. He has no one to blame but himself.

My 2 Cents??? Why would any one really give a Damn about this type of Racing? The "Roundie Round", "Boogety Boogety" crap ain't racing at all. Regardless of the level one is racing. Give me a road course any day and I'll show you what "Racing" is all about....

I, too, am a road race guy. Worked corners w/ SCCA for many years. SCCA racing is the best there is. Have worked IMSA, CART, IndyCar, Formula One, 24 Hours of Daytona, and even an air race once, and the ovals are really not my thing except for sprint cars on dirt. Those guys are good at driving sideways. The ovals just get too boring for me although the drivers are talented.

Yes I have Cranky. Used to Race Formula "V" @ Elkart Lake Wisconsin. Trained @ Skip Barber too. Fun I agree with. Any and all Racing is fun. But the oval tracks I find extremely over hyped and boring. Albeit that is where a number of racers cut their teeth to race either open or closed wheel. Maybe its because of all the NASCRAP hyping that has left me cold. Was great back in the day but not now...Just My 2 Cents...cr8crshr/Tuck

FORMULA V! I'm guessing you've been upside down a couple of times. You guys are nuts. Have worked corners at Road America many times. Best track in the US by far. Turn 5 is my favorite. Turn 1 a close second. Was working Turn 1 when A. J. Foyt went off ending his road racing career. It was pretty much over anyway. Took about 45 min to cut him out of his car and air lifted him out.

If U know that type of racing, U know visibility is limited, especially at NIGHT! Just ask Sammy Swindel, just recently around NOON time at a race, he pulled into the pits, Did I say NOON time, when the Sun is out, he pulled into the pits, and ran right into the back tailgate of a pickup truck that was parked!!!!!!!!!!! Broad daylight folks! Now, what do you call him 62 Polora?

Well that settles that. Stewart is cleared and the kid was high when he died. Kind of foolish to smoke a bowl before jumping into a car, especially if it is the racing kind.

Auto Transport Service
Back