• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nationwide shortage of spare tires

I kinda like that "industrial/utilitarian" look....makes it a lot less desirable for any potential thievery around this densely populated urban area.....

:lol:

I found one on the side of the road that was being thrown out ! 215/75-15 on a crusty rim. Wire brushed and painted black to match my other wheels.

So, the moral of this story is.....people still have them in their garage or shed and just don't think about selling them or putting them out on the street.

I found one on the side of the road that was being thrown out ! 215/75-15 on a crusty rim. Wire brushed and painted black to match my other wheels.

So, the moral of this story is.....people still have them in their garage or shed and just don't think about selling them or putting them out on the street.

That's called a "Reverse Murphy".

What are the odds of that?

You must be very tolerant of regular Murphy's, or at least be well prepared to address them when they occur, for him to reward you like that.

That's how it works for me, anyway.

Also consider looking for Dodge Ram D150 rims - I am not 100% accurate but they run many parts out of MOPAr bins and there may be a better source in that field tan in cars - Its just thought!

Pre- 1985 as discussed previously.

A spare tire is just that. Something to get you back home.
I just use compact spares I got while working at a local tire store. The Lincolns and similar Ford products spares work. Just give up lookijg for 15" stuff. The load capacity and overall height is all that matters. Most use a 17-18" rim and take up less space in the trunk.

Took my wife’s van to get a leaking tire fixed, because I couldn’t get the lugs off. 1 ton Chevy with the stupid short hex so the plastic hub cap screws will thread on

Anyway, the guy called me and said it was leaking around the bead because the wheel was rusty. He could get me a used wheel and mount it $150.
I told him go ahead.

Tire leaked worse than before. Wife called he said he would put a tire on for another $150.

So $300 to get a leaky tire fixed. I plugged it and saved the 2nd $150 at least.

I told my wife that’s how the average Joe ends up with a butthole the size of the Grand Canyon.

Took my wife’s van to get a leaking tire fixed, because I couldn’t get the lugs off. 1 ton Chevy with the stupid short hex so the plastic hub cap screws will thread on

Anyway, the guy called me and said it was leaking around the bead because the wheel was rusty. He could get me a used wheel and mount it $150.
I told him go ahead.

Tire leaked worse than before. Wife called he said he would put a tire on for another $150.

So $300 to get a leaky tire fixed. I plugged it and saved the 2nd $150 at least.

I told my wife that’s how the average Joe ends up with a butthole the size of the Grand Canyon.
Reason #175 not to drive a Chevy:

IMG_2248.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back