• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need '66-'67 Coronet pics please

My 66 Coronet has red lines on black steel wheels with dog dish hub caps. That's the way it came from the factory, so that's the way I did it.

Wouldn't a '66 have blue streaks from the factory?
Good question, I don't know for sure. You could be right. But this past Saturday I bought a 68 Roadrunner. It has new Craigers on it with new BFG radial TA's on it. I'm thinking I will put the red stripes on the RR, and the Craigers on my 66 coronet. I know the 68 RR came with red stripes, because I bought one brand new in 68. I have been looking for one for a long time. The RR is 95% correct, so I'm going to make it as close to perfect as I can. I won't have it for about a week, when I get it I'll post some pictures. Thanks for your tip on the blue stripes.

If I recall correctly, blue-stripes were on 66 hemi cars, redstripes were 68, and goodyear poly-glass RWL's were 1969 and up.

Cousin bought a '66 Coronet and he's debating on wheels and tires. Was thinking of steelies on the rear and some Torque Thrust on the front.
Anybody here running that combo that could post some pics?

Thanks!
IMG_20131109_130008.jpg

1966Coronet500-01.jpg
coronet movie02.jpg

The top pic is mine as it appears both when I bought the car in 1980 and at the present time. Below that is my car with the Magnum 500 Road Wheels that it had from about 1983 through 2011. The bottom pic is also my car on the set of a film shot in OK in 2010 called "Heaven's Rain"

Auto Transport Service
Back