• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Need 67 GTX parts car or rust free quarters and fenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

John426

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
I am working on a 67 GTX and the quarter panels and fenders need a lot of work. I would buy an entire parts car or parts - seeking rust free quarters/fenders in good condition (I have rusty bent ones now!).

Am willing to trade a 1970 Dodge Dart 4-door F8 Green 54K great running car for the right parts car.

DSC01255.jpg

i have a front driver fender...no rust... some dings/etc... easy bodyman fix- $250- the piece is on long island new York, or can bring to Easton pa... but otherwise no shipping...

If you want to come to FL and cut them off I'll make you a good deal on rust free 4 door quarters.

I'm not ready to dig into the project that needs the floors and trunk floor from that parts car yet.

4 doors don't rust nearly as bad as 2 doors because of the way the glass and doors are, and there's almost always enough metal to replace the common rusted areas on 2 door cars.

i have a front driver fender...no rust... some dings/etc... easy bodyman fix- $250- the piece is on long island new York, or can bring to Easton pa... but otherwise no shipping...

Can you send me pictures of the fender? 66 is different than 67, so just want to confirm they are 67's. I would like to see the front headlight bucket and leading edge closeup as well as the rear dogleg area, inside and outside. Thanks!

If you want to come to FL and cut them off I'll make you a good deal on rust free 4 door quarters.

I'm not ready to dig into the project that needs the floors and trunk floor from that parts car yet.

4 doors don't rust nearly as bad as 2 doors because of the way the glass and doors are, and there's almost always enough metal to replace the common rusted areas on 2 door cars.

I agree, the issue is the outer wheel house to quarter shape is a lot different on the 4-door, yes? I am looking for a complete quarter as a best alternative - I do appreciate your offer!

Can you send me pictures of the fender? 66 is different than 67, so just want to confirm they are 67's. I would like to see the front headlight bucket and leading edge closeup as well as the rear dogleg area, inside and outside. Thanks!

here are some- its def from a 67... my wifes 67...

IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPG IMG_2508.JPG IMG_2509.JPG IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2502.JPG IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0522.JPG IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0525.JPG IMG_0526.JPG

Outer wheel house and quarter profile are the same on 66/67 between 4 and 2 door models.

68-70 is different.

Outer wheel house and quarter profile are the same on 66/67 between 4 and 2 door models.

68-70 is different.
Learn something every day - I went and compared a 2 and 4-door - wheelhouse opening is the same! Going to FL to remove yours would not make economic sense for me and we need to replace the entire quarter, so still holding out for some from a 2-door parts car.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
I have a complete car from california. It's a 2 door hard top original paint and no rust. Couple dents here and there but overall a great car. Not sure if I'd part it out but if you buy it, you can do what you want. $7500

I'm at $150 per side for quarter patches and outer wheel houses if you do the work and don't damage the adjoining parts unreasonably.

Come on down and enjoy Disney/Universal/Busch Gardens, and cut off some quarters!
The quarters will be the cheapest part of your trip.

I'd almost bet the 4 D quarter has enough material to cover what your 2 D needs, almost all I've seen except for extreme cases did.

Post a pic of what yours look like.

IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
Are these what you need? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back