• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a fender tag for my 65 Satellite

mslisaj

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
I am still searching for someone to build and make a new fender tag for my Plymouth. I have the letter from the Chrysler Historical Society and a copy of the IBM build card. I have wanted to get this done for over 12 years now after being ripped off by Galin's Tag service to the tune of $181. That was a run around experience I will never forget. Never got a thing from that rip off artist.

Any help would be appreciated to get this project finished. The car is perfect and I would love to have an original fender tag again.

Thank you for your time and help.

Lisa

AG Backeast in Grand Junction, Colorado.

I am in contact with him and he can do it but I have to lay it out him. I don't remember what my original looked like so I have to do more research. But thank you for the information. I do appreciate your time to respond to my question.

Lisa

Lisa,

Fender tags are one of my areas of interest.

Please know that what was coded, when it was coded and even where something was coded can change from plant to plant, year to year and even within the production year. The likelihood that you get a correct and accurate tag increases with the amount of homework YOU do before submitting the information to a tag maker. Find tags from cars similar to yours from the same plant and made about the same time to see what the factory did.

There is critical data, like the Sales Order (SO) number, you must have before submitting the request. Do NOT rely on the tag maker to provide this. If possible, order an IBM card from Chrysler historical for your car. That will help in the layout as it will give you the SO and scheduled production date.

Do NOT rely on a tag maker to provide a correctly coded or laid out tag. Search this board and you will find many instances of people having a tag made only to find they wasted money on a poorly made and easy to spot reproduction.

My two cents

Thanks 69Coronetrt for the information. I have all the info on the car as I have already been to the Chrysler Historical Society. I have a nice letter with decoded info from the VIN and a copy of the IBM Build Card. So I truly have the "birth certificate" for the car. A.G. Backeast would do the tag for me and didn't want funds until I approved the finished product. Now that is the way to do business. But alas, that tag is just not worth that kind of money to me ($275). My Satellite is truly not that special as it's only claim to fame is the original 426 cu. in. engine in it and the little 426 hood ornament. But I do appreciate all the help and I have learned a lot about my car from all this. I've owned this car for 43 years now and changed a lot of it in that time so I'm not competing in a concourse show with it.

Thanks again for your time.

Lisa

I disagree about the car not being special. You've owned it since high school. Can't replace that. Plus what pics show, good looking ride.

That's very kind to say. My father bought this car for me in my senior year for $372 out the door. For a long time we didn't know about the engine as it was covered in grease. But what a nice surprise when I scraped it down to the numbers. The car and I have been through a lot together and what amazes me most is when I was young I could keep up with the car. But to drive it today makes my heart race and shake my head that I never wrapped it around something. I'm to the point with it today that I am collecting parts and spare hard to find things. The original tag just caught my interest as about 25 years ago when I redid the engine compartment I removed it to "clean it up". I'm stunned that I couldn't find it today but back then it was just a tin tag. It is fun to drive, own and show and to be the second owner is special too.

Thanks again 72Fourspeed for your comments. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Lisa

Can I just ask where you get in contact with Chrysler Historical and any other info you need for a tag? Id like more info on mine cause my title has the car marked for export and Im curious

Hi!
Yes, I recently purchased a 67 GTX
No fender tag
But of course, VIN denotes a GTX
So; I contacted GTS and spoke with some GAL who was truly "on top of things" and told me GTS is again making tags.
But I have no IBM card, used as a Broadcast Sheet prior to later cars?
Then fellow forum member "CoronetR/T" here on the Forum told me about Chrysler Historical Services
They have the original IBM cards for your car.
They can supply you with a tag I believe
Here, try these links:
http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Datatags/
http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Chrysler_Historical_References/

On their home Page this is the e-mail contact:
[email protected]

Mailing address:
Chrysler Group LLC - Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Fwy.
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288 USA
ATTN: Historical Information

E-mail: [email protected]

Fax:
The Fax number is listed on the Home Page

I'm sorry, I can not remember the POC name.
Give them a try.
I believe this operation is the "Real Deal"
They have the DATA much like "Marti" has for Fords with his Marti report

Auto Transport Service
Back