• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advice on Best Home A/C Brand -

Thx a million guys - As expected the Brain Trust came thru. I guess now the issue is going to be availability. Haven’t checked into that part yet but will be the next stop - looking for a quality authorized dealer for one of these top 3 choices.
Again - Muchas Gracias!

I could use one of those. Our old house temps stratify between the floors. It might be 15° or more between the floors. I do run the blower only at times but it is a huge squirrel cage fan run by a 220v. motor. I could benefit from something more efficient. Also the constant running fan works well with a air filter system.

yeah they are inverter systems the invert A/C to DC and the fans and compressor run off DC and then can ramp up and down in variable speeds with the demand of heat or cool

depends what type of heat you have
If gas heat probably better off getting a Trane or Carrier system they do have the variable speed stuff on the blowers anyways I think they got 2 compressors still 2 stage not sure if they got inverter systems yet
But if have say electric heat or heat pump it’s the way to go they are awesome

If an HVAC guy likes a certain brand or brands, stay away from those brands, HVAC repair guys like to charge for repairs.

When my parents were shopping for a new AC/furnace, the place that originally sold and installed theirs, sell other brands now. When my dad asked why, the salesman said because Carriers don’t break down.

If an HVAC guy likes a certain brand or brands, stay away from those brands, HVAC repair guys like to charge for repairs.
I'm going to have to give you a big red X for that statement. I have been in the HVAC business for a long time, and believe me, the last thing I want to get is a call that something I sold is not working. Number 1, it screws up my day by taking me away from the current project I am working on. And #2, it doesn't go over well in my mind if I have to go back in a year or 2 to repair a piece of equipment that I sold and told the homeowner was a reliable brand. This is just how I operate however, and I am sure some like service calls, but I make a lot more money by staying on an install job instead of running around the countryside fixing stuff.. Been a lone wolf since my Dad passed away 20 years ago, so I don't have to worry about keeping an employee busy either. There really is a big difference in quality between a Trane or Carrier compared to a Gibson, Thermo Zone, Comfortmaker, or Goodman. This shows up in the amount of repairs needed and how long the equipment lasts.

I'm going to have to give you a big red X for that statement. I have been in the HVAC business for a long time, and believe me, the last thing I want to get is a call that something I sold is not working. Number 1, it screws up my day by taking me away from the current project I am working on. And #2, it doesn't go over well in my mind if I have to go back in a year or 2 to repair a piece of equipment that I sold and told the homeowner was a reliable brand. This is just how I operate however, and I am sure some like service calls, but I make a lot more money by staying on an install job instead of running around the countryside fixing stuff.. Been a lone wolf since my Dad passed away 20 years ago, so I don't have to worry about keeping an employee busy either. There really is a big difference in quality between a Trane or Carrier compared to a Gibson, Thermo Zone, Comfortmaker, or Goodman. This shows up in the amount of repairs needed and how long the equipment lasts.
When I build my house, I will be calling you for a install.

I am on the commercial side but will agree with hunt2elk. As a company that does primarily service and maintenance work, we prefer to have machines that are built to last. Even more importantly the units need to be serviceable and have a consistent source of parts available. Everything eventually breaks but to get it back up fast requires a wise choice of equipment.

When my parents were shopping for a new AC/furnace, the place that originally sold and installed theirs, sell other brands now. When my dad asked why, the salesman said because Carriers don’t break down.
Baloney! I just replaced a Carrier furnace that broke twice. In 30 years! Nothing lasts any more.

Auto Transport Service
Back