• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need an available Shop in HOUSTON TX....

Dave Ferrell

Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
All,

Hello and thanx for replies to my thread so far. I'm new here and have just recently acquired my first Mopar, and sweet restored 69 Charger.

My car is in great, restored shape...

Here's my deal:

I want to restomod and over time do several jobs....AND, I suck at mechanic-ing and need a shop here in Metro Houston.....

First priority: Wanna do a 6.4 Hemi/Trans swap into the car AND install A/C.

Other Priorities, as possible: Modern suspension and brakes, wheels/tires (to fit prev..), Maybe a few interior upgrades to gauges and sets, center console install (for auto trans lever etc)..... Some trim and minor knick-nacks....

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU GUYS, IF YOU WOULD:

CAN ANYONE POINT ME TO A SHOP WITHIN REASONABLE PROXIMITY TO HOUSTON??

I Need one that ONE, can and will do a good job with this work and is trusted by the community here, ....and Two is positioned to start working (as in I don't have to wait months and months for the job)

Is this possible?

Do you guys have any shops in mind that fit the bill??

My budget is decent.

Assuming I do get started here sometime soon I am going to have a freshly restored 440 and original 4SPD and original DANA TRAC PACK to sell, presumably which will sit in my garage until I find someone in need.

I know this is heresy to some of you guys, and I'm sorry. I am a sucker for this car shape and always wanted one, but I am soft in the modern way and want the power/reliability/mileage and etc that will come with the modern drivetrain. I wanna drive this car, a-lot....

BOTTOM LINE ANYONE REFERRING ME A SUITABLE HOT ROD OR RESTOMOD SHOP NEAR HOUSTON WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I'll be making calls here over the next days and weeks trying to someone to answer the phone and see if they can handle the job I want to contract....

Thanx all,

Dave

6B2781DD-0CB4-468F-987E-F6D24E84E75C_1_105_c.jpeg 59EA58B7-F08D-438B-8E98-65F7C90ED72F_1_105_c.jpeg 85A16C94-1BC6-4774-B641-52E5E930BD38_1_105_c.jpeg 7307CCC1-2A22-4FBA-A7C2-CA8C114828F5_1_105_c.jpeg tempImageLfwsS4.png tempImageuaZgV9.png

Hi! Nice car!
If that car is an R/T with its as built parts I'd just put an OD transmission in it if you aren't going to drag/road race much. You'd have a big improvement and get it on the road sooner for sure. Drive it as is and find another that needs work for the modifications you'd like.
My '69 R/T was reliable for 250k miles with factory set up...
Good luck with the project & shop search though.
I certainly understand your reasons & am in the process of an OD conversion for mine to keep the RPMs down on the stroker in it now.
They are meant to be driven for sure!

Auto Transport Service
Back