• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need an Opinion

cr8crshr

Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
I am starting, now that I have my 66 Satellite project up and running, to downsize the massive amount of parts for that year and model car that I have accumulated over the past 8 years. Rather than just throw out a for sale ad and leave things as they are, I am re-conditioning what parts I can. Kind of like I need something to keep me busy in retirement as I am no longer working at a career/job. So I have started to re-condition the headlight bezels specific to the 1966 Belvedere/Satellite first off. So tell me what you think. They are not going to be absolutely perfect...then what is with these old rides...but will be massaged and straightened, small dings and abrasions smoothed as best I can, buffed and polished and painted. Again these will work for a nice driver or cruiser and will at least appear to be in very good shape when attached to the car. I have 6 sets that I will be working on but these are the first attempt at this. As for pricing? I haven't yet given that much of a thought. I am figuring between $50.00 and $80.00 per set. Individual bezels will be done on a case by case basis however the sets I have I purchased as full sets and would prefer not to separate. So check out the before and after pics and tell me what you all think. That is, all you 1966 Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite owners, and whomever else wants to chime in. All responses are welcome. Sorry but the 1966 units will not work for the 1967 grilles...cr8crshr/Tuck

First 7 pics are before, last 6 pics are after::glasses2:

Attachments

• For Sale 001.jpg
    For Sale 001.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 176
  • For Sale 002.jpeg
    For Sale 002.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 192
  • For Sale 003.jpeg
    For Sale 003.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 217
  • For Sale 004.jpeg
    For Sale 004.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 180
  • For Sale 005.jpeg
    For Sale 005.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 183
  • For Sale 006.jpeg
    For Sale 006.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 173
  • For Sale 007.jpeg
    For Sale 007.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 192
  • For Sale 008.jpg
    For Sale 008.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 168
  • For Sale 009.jpeg
    For Sale 009.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 192
  • For Sale 010.jpeg
    For Sale 010.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 170
  • For Sale 011.jpeg
    For Sale 011.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 173
  • For Sale 012.jpeg
    For Sale 012.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 181
  • For Sale 013.jpeg
    For Sale 013.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 185
Looks no worse than before. To bad #6 wasn't a before pic like #7 then there'd be a good comparison between the b4 & aft. Paint looks real good. Can't help ya on pricing, Good Luck!

There's money to be made doin that.

Lots of folks get scared when filing or sanding aluminum trim is mentioned.

Just cleaning and ploishing can make the difference between a $5 price and a $25 price.

All out resto can be three figures or more.

Yeah, the restoration shops get a ton to straighten, polish, reanodize and paint trim parts. But if you can make them look notably better than pitted originals with a reasonable amount of work then they will sell. Only thing is if you break through the anodizing the part will tend to corrode. Clear coating is an option but my Ranchero trim has been polished and clear coated and it's peeling and yellowing after a couple of years. One product from the POR 15 people called Glisten PC is supposed to be a true protective barrier that will not peel or yellow. I have some but haven't tried it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and me having two 66 Belvedere's I may need to see what you have lying around...

Auto Transport Service
Back