• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Experienced Automotive Technician

It all depends on what the person's true skill-set is......

But I will say that the starting wage is well above the state of Washington's minimum wage...and this state's minimum wage is the highest in the country at $9.47/hr.

Last edited:
Are you wanting an experienced guy who can walk on and be productive or an entry level guy? They aren't the same and compensation will be entirely different. I don't envy your position as this a difficult industy to find qualified help and a difficult business to be profitable as it's largely based on disposable income. The high cost of living on the left coast further inhibits the likelihood of someone to relocate.

Are you wanting an experienced guy who can walk on and be productive or an entry level guy?

Right now, we'd consider both scenarios....and wages would be negotiated accordingly. An entry level employee would most definately be considered...assuming they have the ability to learn new tasks and perform them as instructed. And.....we are serious about the work ethic part of this, we don't want any slackers. I simply don't have the time to chase after them and clean up the messes they leave behind.

The high cost of living on the left coast further inhibits the likelihood of someone to relocate.

True.....however, I re-located here about ten years ago from the mid-west, but then again I'm a single guy and didn't have to re-locate an entire family. Which is why we would prefer to find someone somewhat local....but we would consider any and all at this point.

If you were in Oklahoma, I'd be talking to you right now. My house is damn near paid off, and relocation is simply out of the question for us. Did that enough when I was active-duty!

Best of luck in your search.

I work for a commercial lighting contractor. I came there knowing nothing about HID lighting, now after twelve years I'm about to retire because of my age at sixty six. In the time I have been there, I have seen maybe twenty plus guys come and go. The work is hard, the boss is difficult but the pay is decent. I sum it up to the lack of a good work ethic, of today's young. Good luck on finding a good employee.

It's funny how the younger ones work (I use that term loosely). Most of them don't want a job or a career, they just want a paycheck. I've worked every position possible within one company from 87-07, left to go work for a competitor and was reaquired by the original company when the owner sold out. Most young kids don't make it past the 3 year mark and they're gone.

Auto Transport Service
Back