• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need exploded view of 273 or rainman - help with oil leak

romulet

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
I just got my 68 Coronet Deluxe to my garage and will be trying to get it up and running properly over the next few weeks. I got it most of the trip home on a ramp truck and noticed that the ramp was covered in oil when we arrived. We checked the oil...it was over full, even WITH the quart-ish amount on the ramp. I cranked it (after a little fighting) and drove it the remaining two miles home (the ramp truck would've killed several people trying to unload in my neighborhood). I'm either leaking oil pretty steadily or it's just excess from it being overfilled by the guy I bought it from. Either way, the car is 100% original so I don't think I'm stepping too far off the path of rational thought to think it might enjoy some new seals. This is where I need everyone's help. I have the tools and (I believe) enough money to do all of this part myself, I just have none of the know-how (outside of a "how to rebuild your small block mopar" book). If anyone could tell me where to find an exploded view of this engine or is just crazy enough to have the entire internals of it memorized and tell me the names I would need to look up to replace every seal and gasket, it would be greatly appreciated.

if your just trying to replace seals and gaskets its not bad at all you can get a complete (im not sure for yours) engine gasket kit for around $70

Auto Transport Service
Back