• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help finding a certain sail panels and a few questions...D

drobertson

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 1973 Charger hardtop, it hard broken up plastic sail panels next to what was left of the headliner. The original sail panels were not covered in fabric, and had a seal around the inner edge for the roll up rear 1/4 windows.

Does anybody reproduce these? All I can find are ones that covered with fabric...:angryfire:

ALSO... where can I get window seals that go along the top of the door between the metal and glass, and the ones between the interior panels and the glass? I'm not talking about the weatherstripping along the roof line, but the seals at the bottom edges of the glass.

Thanks for those who take their time to provide info.

I'd be interested in knowing myself if they exist. Never seen what you described

When I bought my 1973 Charger hardtop, it hard broken up plastic sail panels next to what was left of the headliner. The original sail panels were not covered in fabric, and had a seal around the inner edge for the roll up rear 1/4 windows.

Does anybody reproduce these? All I can find are ones that covered with fabric...:angryfire:

ALSO... where can I get window seals that go along the top of the door between the metal and glass, and the ones between the interior panels and the glass? I'm not talking about the weatherstripping along the roof line, but the seals at the bottom edges of the glass.

Thanks for those who take their time to provide info.

Do your sail panels have the vertical front or the sloping/curved front?

I believe the rubber strips you are referring to are called belt mouldings. I bought mine through Classic Industries for my 74 RR. They come in a kit. Here is a link for them:
http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/b-body-charger/parts/mm8283.html
The uncovered sail panels(new) I was unable to find as my car had same thing. Mine were in pretty good shape so I repainted them and used them. I do see some on ebay (used) for sale once in a while.

The sail panels do exist. They are extremely had to find . I'm sorry I can't help as I don't have any at this time I usually have a set hideing but someone begged me for them so I figured I'll get another set eventually .
Only the 73-74 hardtop cars have what you need
The seal between the inside window classic has them so does eBay
Good luck if I can come up with a picture I will

I bought the window strips set from a supplier, which turned out to be manufactured by PUI. I am returning to the supplier as they are low quality and not correct.(the inner wipe was actually made upside down)

I purchased a set of cat whisker window felts for my 74 clonerunner, through Dante's mopar parts, I asumed they were just the outside window felts but they also included the inners as well. Quality was good, though the rear side window ones are different, maybe because I have charger door panels, I'm not sure.

The sail panels do exist. They are extremely had to find . I'm sorry I can't help as I don't have any at this time I usually have a set hideing but someone begged me for them so I figured I'll get another set eventually .
Only the 73-74 hardtop cars have what you need
The seal between the inside window classic has them so does eBay
Good luck if I can come up with a picture I will

Well shoot. I'll have a heck of a time finding them then.

- - - Updated - - -

Do your sail panels have the vertical front or the sloping/curved front?

I believe they are curved, and a window seal goes along the inside edge.

That eBay listing is not correct for your car that's a 72 charger se with the short stubby window

1459979468305_IMG_20160406_175058_817.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is a 73-74 hard top panel

Auto Transport Service
Back