• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help measuring wheel/tire combo

funnycar

Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
have a 65 belv narowed dana has 15x10 steel wheels m/h street slick 7 1/2 bs.
want to change up the wheels but there is much out there for wheels with 7 1/2 bs
so i want to get a new combo but i have a brain cramp on figuring out bs and size tire wil fit
? measure the axle flange and then inside wheel well get a number and post it maybe someone can help out?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/php-01201.

or straight edge off your brake hub, then measure from that face to inner fender then measure to outer fender, this will tell you max opening, take 1.5 - 2" to be safe and thats max wheel size, measure from straight edge to inner fender take 1" off and thats optimal BS.

normally its easyer to do with plumb bobs on strings taped to your inside fenders and axle flange then it is to use straight edges.just use 3 of em and run em to the ground,measure with a tape measure.gets you over all and center line,easy to figure from there.

well i have 7" from axle flange to inter fender
and 16"from spring to inter fender car was tubbed back in the 80s but dont want tub tires
what do you think would be a correct wheel size with bs
thanks guys

12" rim with 5" bs would fit and look really sick, with a 305 tire,

benno's listing is pretty good.would put your tire about 2 inches in from the outside edge.would also give a nice wide stance.305 tire is about the same width as the 12 inch wheel.

Auto Transport Service
Back