Need help on 70 charger project

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. 7necharger

7necharger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    To me looks like this measurement is good for my 70 charger .with this I can see the 1/2 inch one side difference on the AMD front frame. So I think I find the problem .the driver side frame need to be extant from the cross member side.

IMG-20181211-WA0003.jpg

2. 7necharger

Local Time:
    Hi like to know what tweaking you did with your frame?how was the length and k member bolt position?

3. tommygun

tommygun FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    My pass side frame rail was a tiny bit short where it met the cross member, I just re-bent the tabs. Not sure what you mean about the k member bolt position,

4. 7necharger

Local Time:
    Thanks my all measurement are coming good.now the problem from the front rad support till hood hinge hole it's not coming square when i measure x.lile to know what measurement are you getting inside the hood.i have noticed the rad support need to be tweaking from passenger side it's 1/2 wider. From the center hole to sides it should be 21 1/2 and from my one side it's showing 21 1/2 and passenger side 22".so I think problem solved.and yes my passenger side frame ears were 3/4 short too so I will do same you did.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice