• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on 70 charger project

Do yourself a big favor,and mock up all the body panels,and set your gaps before you start welding everything together. When you think you have everything where you want it by using the measurements,levels ,squares,plumb bob,and lazer level. just tack,or screw things together just enough to hold everything in place,then install all the body panels,and make sure the gaps are good,and the panels align properly,before welding everything together.

To me looks like this measurement is good for my 70 charger .with this I can see the 1/2 inch one side difference on the AMD front frame. So I think I find the problem .the driver side frame need to be extant from the cross member side.

IMG-20181211-WA0003.jpg

You dont have to have a frame jig, nice to have but not always an option.. I did front rails on a floor scissor lift. I leveled the car using the above B body diagram and went from there, The scissor lift was my level base to measure from. I used a lazer level that shoots a horizontal beam and did all my measurements from that. Plum bob etc, Took some tweaking of the aftermarket rails but after many many hours of checks etc I have a super straight car. View attachment 678726
Hi like to know what tweaking you did with your frame?how was the length and k member bolt position?

Hi like to know what tweaking you did with your frame?how was the length and k member bolt position?
My pass side frame rail was a tiny bit short where it met the cross member, I just re-bent the tabs. Not sure what you mean about the k member bolt position,

Thanks my all measurement are coming good.now the problem from the front rad support till hood hinge hole it's not coming square when i measure x.lile to know what measurement are you getting inside the hood.i have noticed the rad support need to be tweaking from passenger side it's 1/2 wider. From the center hole to sides it should be 21 1/2 and from my one side it's showing 21 1/2 and passenger side 22".so I think problem solved.and yes my passenger side frame ears were 3/4 short too so I will do same you did.

Last edited:
My pass side frame rail was a tiny bit short where it met the cross member, I just re-bent the tabs. Not sure what you mean about the k member bolt position,
Hi still have ur 383 pistons thx frm Canada too

Auto Transport Service
Back