• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help she wont turn over

Marco Perez

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
So I parked her last week didn't turn her on for a week or so and bow when I went to turn her on she was completely dead and so I tried jumping her now she has power but won't turn over. . Any help thanks guys

the battery could be so dead that the jump is not enough power. Clean battery contacts and charge your battery and see what happens.

Unless the motor is seized, the battery is still most likely your problem. Eliminate a link and put the known good battery in the car.

tap the starter when trying to start or pull and check the starter. Broke down at church one time did not turn over, hit the starter with a hammer and it fired up. Start went on my car.

easy check before spending money.

You must have a fairly good sized drain. I'm sure there is a thread on chasing one down, I use a 12 test light.

Or possibly neutral safety switch, just pull harness off trans, spray with contact cleaner, plug back in.
Been there a couple times

tap the starter when trying to start or pull and check the starter. Broke down at church one time did not turn over, hit the starter with a hammer and it fired up. Start went on my car.
Had to laugh and add a like here....when I was a kid I had an old Ford pickup, and it wouldn't crank when we were ready to leave a day at the beach.....we had the hood up, just staring at it....this total burnout hippie walks up, looks at us, points at the round starter relay on the inner fenderwell and says "hit it with a rock".....we had nothing to lose lol.....on our way in seconds...live and learn!!

Is the trans in park? First make sure it's in park cause having it start in gear never ends well..... Next try jumping the solenoid...

This is a location picture for a 64 Chrysler...

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 7.26.54 PM.png

This is the two posts you touch with a screwdriver to get the starter to crank...

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 7.28.58 PM.png

If it cranks that proves the starter is good, the battery is good & the relay is probably good... If it doesn't then we can take another look at the starter & battery... But lets try to narrow things down..

So I parked her last week didn't turn her on for a week or so and bow when I went to turn her on she was completely dead and so I tried jumping her now she has power but won't turn over. . Any help thanks guys
did you get it fired up?

Auto Transport Service
Back