• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with fuel line on 69 GTX???

Lineman

Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
On this GTX I bought the fuel line comes from the tank up thru the right frame member by the torsion bar and just ends. How is it supposed to get the last three feet or so to the fuel pump? I can flair ends and make a line if I have to or buy one if that will make a nicer job, and the bolts and clips?? I need to know how to mount it and where to get the hardware??

Thanks for all the help...

Jay

Should be a continuous 3/8 supply line and a continuous 1/4" (might be a 5/16") return line from the valor canister to the pickup.

Thanks for the help. Its literally rubber to the pump correct? I guess there are some clips and a piece of line back the the section infront of the member that comes thru where the torsion bar mounts? I dont have any of that. Nor any vapor can and I dont see any return line. Most engines I have been around used a steel line from the pump up to the carb, that is miss also.

Anybody have pics of the routing and clips etc... I have nowhere to start with this? Or point me where to start to buy what I need or start bending and making my craft project. This guy before ran a rubber hose by the exhaust and zip tied it to the torsion bar. He was a real gem... The rubber hose was laying literally on the exhaust pipe!!

Thanks again.

Check out finelines or inline tube for the lines and clips.
Mancini has the correct vapor separator.
Hard lines from close to the pickup to near the pump.
I can take some pics later

Hers a pic I had on the phone.
You can see the two lines come through the tortion bar crossmember.

IMG_0803.JPG

On this GTX I bought the fuel line comes from the tank up thru the right frame member by the torsion bar and just ends. How is it supposed to get the last three feet or so to the fuel pump? I can flair ends and make a line if I have to or buy one if that will make a nicer job, and the bolts and clips?? I need to know how to mount it and where to get the hardware??

Thanks for all the help...

Jay
The larger fuel supply metal tubing should to to about the shock tower and then continue via fuel hose to the fuel filter next to the fuel pump. The vapor return line leaves the filter via a smaller fuel hose to the metal tubing which extends 6-8 inches closer to the front than the main fuel line.

Don't mind the hillbilly helper springs. I haven't gone through the rear suspension yet.
:steering:

Hey

Just getting back around to this, they lines are sitting in the box in the family room. Wife is going to get tired of this soon so I have to do something sooner than later. Thanks for the pics and I am going to use them, don't go to much trouble but if you still have the car up I would like to see the lines and the fuel can in front of the torsion bar cross-member.

Again I really appreciate it, no rush and dont go to a bunch of trouble..

Jay

On my ‘68 Bee the line comes thru subframe and stops with about 2-3” sticking out, then rubber fuel line to the pump( gotta allow for engine movement) hope that’s what ur talking about.

69 Charger RT, top is 1/4 rtn line, bottom is 5/16 fuel. From there, hose to filter return, and hose to fuel pump, respectively.
RtInnerFender.jpg

Wow great pic. Can you put more pics on? What a nice job you’re doing on this 69 Charger

It's my daughter's car. She's 3rd owner. Long time friend of original owner. I've known the car since he bought it from Crenshaw Dodge (LA) in Aug69. He used it to go camping - true story. Helped 2nd owner move car to his garage (pic) in 2010. Plan to post more pix in the projects forum.

Loading3.jpg

Last edited:
It's my daughter's car. She's 3rd owner. Long time friend of original owner. I've known the car since he bought it from Crenshaw Dodge (LA) in Aug69. He used it to go camping - true story. Helped 2nd owner move car to his garage (pic) in 2010. Plan to post more pix in the projects forum.

View attachment 589818
That white just pops!

Back when I had an Edelbrock carb and stock fuel pump the rubber line from the frame rail connected to the fuel pump then a short piece of steel to the filter then long steel line to the Edlebrock carb.

IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG

Back when I had an Edelbrock carb and stock fuel pump the rubber line from the frame rail connected to the fuel pump then a short piece of steel to the filter then long steel line to the Edlebrock carb.

View attachment 591817 View attachment 591818 View attachment 591819 View attachment 591820 View attachment 591821
Hey now this is great!!! So this is something like what In-line tube just sent me. Only there is a Holly something or another on the care so I have to maybe do something different with the filter up on top of the motor. But what you have here is need to know info. Thanks a bunch.

By the way what pump is that you have there? Sounds personal don't it?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help, man I am still at this. Just getting back at it I should say.

I ordered a fuel line from Classic or In-Line I cant remember. But it looks like just the fuel line and not both the fuel and return? Both mine stop just in front of the torsion bar frame mount. For now I am going to splice out the fuel line with steel tubing and a make a inverted flare connection with a union. I have a feeling the motor and trans is coming out next winter anyway so maybe I will revisit this thing then.

Meantime can anybody show me what this return line is supposed to connect to on a 69 GTX? and links to buy the stuff will be great or if anybody has the stuff to sell even better. It doesn't have to work, just look right and now cause anything to not work right if that makes since.

That's for an oem line from pump to an Edelbrock carb. I now have a fuel filter/vapor separator in place of that filetr then a rubber hose up to the Holley dual feed steel line.

Auto Transport Service
Back