• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with trim clips!

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi fellas,
Can anyone tell me where these (12) clips/mounts attach? I bagged them as window trim in 2009. Funny I can't remember them? Thanks!
Mike
IMG_2516.JPG

Looks like the ones I used on my 65 Coronet to fasten the roof trim moldings
They also look a little like the clips on my A pillar and across the roof at the windshield and rear window to attach the interior trim. '66 Belvedere.

IMG_2944 copy.JPG

I can't even find pairs of holes these supports would screw into? These came off my 1965 Belvedere II 2 Dr.Htp.. I feel like a detective! I already had the side glass trim installed so it's not for the trim there. I'll keep looking.
Mike

I can't even find pairs of holes these supports would screw into? These came off my 1965 Belvedere II 2 Dr.Htp.. I feel like a detective! I already had the side glass trim installed so it's not for the trim there. I'll keep looking.
Mike
Inside trim above windshield

Mike, i'm pretty sure they are what the chrome side headliner trim screws into. It's the trim that covers the edge of the headliner, just to the inside of the roof rail trim, on the sides of the car. They probably have a very slight angle to them on the way they mount. Make sure you index them the same when you put them on.

Mike, i'm pretty sure they are what the chrome side headliner trim screws into. It's the trim that covers the edge of the headliner, just to the inside of the roof rail trim, on the sides of the car. They probably have a very slight angle to them on the way they mount. Make sure you index them the same when you put them on.
My trim fastens thru the bottom straight up into the roof rails. I had it on already.
Mike
The yellow tape is for the upholsterer's reference. The yellow car is just to confuse everyone!
IMG_2514.JPG

On my 64' and also on 65' Coronets those are the chrome headliner trim "stand offs" that screw straight up into the roof rail above the side glass. I saw that you said it was a 65' but what model are you working on?.

I should know better: I have a 65 Belvedere II 2 Dr.Htp. I just went to the shop to look again and I'll be damned if the pairs of holes weren't right where most said they were. Funny I was able to screw the trim in place using one of the pair of holes and it looked correct but, I did wonder why the repop screws from Mr. G's were too short. Now I know! Thanks to all who offered advice!
Mike

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back