• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help!!

VAcharger

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone...new guy here!! I did perform a search and was unable to find the info I needed.

I am looking for a thermostat housing for my dad's 1966 Charger. It has a 383 with Air conditioning equipped which has a special housing to accommodate the compressor unit. Every parts house or dealer just gives me the standard housing with the "straight" fitting, but the one I need has a bend in it.

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it soooo much.

You may have a hard time finding an original offset housing,i can tell you that the speed shop i go to in Detroit (Mancini Racing ) has the ones you can turn to accomidate the compressor .Hope that helps,they are chrome ,but you can paint them to match the engine colour .

Worst case scenario, get to be friends with a machinist that can weld- wouldn't be hard to fab in alum, just a little time-consuming to make it nicely.

take jims off your list...

i would rather poke my own eyeballs out with a stick
then deal with that crooked witch.
go throw the name up on google and see for yourself.

Auto Transport Service
Back