• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info

Wayneou

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
IMG_20170505_125813315_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170505_130616020_HDR.jpg

Specifically what information are you looking for ?

When I look up the VIN it said one thing then I look up the finder tag and it says different

According to your VIN tag, '72 charger/ 400 cid..('71 was the last year for the 383) unless the motor is not original? I would go by your VIN tag as it's riveted in and those fender tags are easily changed...Of course it's possible your dash or VIN could have been changed at some point, the only way to be certain is to find and decode the numbers on the engine

I am working on getting it to my house. Once I have it I will look for it. Thank you

this has already been answered in general mopar and in 71-74 how many times do you need the same info ?

I would suggest that when you get the car, you look on the motor just in front of the pass side engine mount at the pan rail. there is a machined pad there that will/should contain the last 8 digits of your vin number E.G. 2G121856 if it matches you know that both the motor and car belong together .if not then I'd guess that the motor had been swapped . hope this helps :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back