• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need new pistons for 426 SW engine

Mr4Speed

Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
hey guys,

Does anyone know a source where i can find new pistons for a 426 street wedge engine?

Thanks!

Marcel

EGGE Machine for basic cast or special order from Ross, WISECO, JE, etc..

Your best bet is to have them custom made.Ross and diamond pistons would be the two that I would choose.

I had a friend who used 383 pistons in his 426 wedge because it was easier to find and cheaper, same bore size on both motors, just different stroke on b and rb motors

I had a friend who used 383 pistons in his 426 wedge because it was easier to find and cheaper, same bore size on both motors, just different stroke on b and rb motors

And a different pin height. Depending on what 383 piston you can end up with a pretty sorry compression ratio if used in an RB.

thanks! i dropped him an e-mail; a friend of mine lives in Houston, member of the Houston Mopar Connection Club, so maybe he can swing by to pick em up..
Dave sold those pistons back in August....now if you want to offset grind the crankshaft for more stroke, you may can use 383 pistons.

thats going to be an awful large offset ..wouldn't it be easier to pickup a new crank shaft...or have the old one welded up and re-ground, and radiused..we did that alot at Lunati...

thats going to be an awful large offset ..wouldn't it be easier to pickup a new crank shaft...or have the old one welded up and re-ground, and radiused..we did that alot at Lunati...
Didn't do the math.....but going with a stroker crank would probably be cheaper.

Be carefull the stock pistons available for 426 are boulders and you will have more in heavy metal to ballance the assembly I would go with custom if you can't find originals which are very hard to find.

Venolia, Ross, TRW, and Jahns all make 426 wedge pistons...here's some P/N's for ya.
Venolia p/n 3871, Ross p/n 25-11, TRW L-2229..... and I'm workin on a current jahns number for ya...

Auto Transport Service
Back