• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need pics of 66/67 LA engine with mounts

YY1

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
I bougt some 67 B Body 318 motor mount brackets to put my temporary 87 318 in my 66 Coronet.

My "shop" guys are saying they aren't right.

How can they not be?

Does anyone have pics of brackets, brackets ans mounts, or an LA block that they just pulled or are about to set, that they know for sure is the correct setup fir a 66 B body?

I sure would appreciate it :)

I didn't think there was any difference. I put 360 in my '67 Charger years ago and don't recall any issues. I can measure my '86 block and get pictures of the mounts in my '67 Belvedere tomorrow,(that's whenI'll get home) if no one else chimes in before then.

That would be great.

Sorry to tell you, but I didn't have a chance to check it out. I was hoping some one would chime in here. I really can't see where it would be any different mounting the block though.

I think the mounting lugs on the block are slightly different location

It looks like the bottom hole- is on the other side. I think it can be drilled.

Thanks for eveyone's help.

I did have a chance to look at them briefly and they looked close to the same distance. The '67 motor is the Belvedere and the '86 is out on the ground, so I couldn't get exact measurements. But I don't remember having to drill anything.

Auto Transport Service
Back