• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help Oil and Temp gauge not working

AA1 68 R/T

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
I really need some guidance on this. My oil pressure gauge will start out with showing pressure then gradually goes to zero. Me temp gauge will not work. I have up graded to the rt-engineering IVR. When I ground the wires to the oil sender and to the coolant senor the gauges with go to hight side of the gauge for both. I hooked up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and the engine deft has oil pressure. The fuel gauge works and the amp meter works. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with dadsbee. I still have trouble with my rally oil gauge but also suspect the cheap sending unit I got "new". IVR corrected the fuel and temp accurately but oil pressure comes and goes. Haven't done anything further to diagnose as the electric is just to have a working gauge on the cluster, I rely on the mechanical for actual information. If somebody has a recommendation for a quality oil pressure sending unit for the block please post.

First "brand new" oil pressure sender I installed on the Bee didn't work. I tested the 2nd one using air pressure regulated to check the 10 to 70 ohm range worked. Temperature sender sitting "cold" on the work bench at 60F or so should read around 300 ohms..

First "brand new" oil pressure sender I installed on the Bee didn't work. I tested the 2nd one using air pressure regulated to check the 10 to 70 ohm range worked. Temperature sender sitting "cold" on the work bench at 60F or so should read aro

Ok I cleaned up the temp sender that was on the car. Did an Ohm test and it’s at 248 cold out of the car. If I put this back in the car tomorrow and the gauge still doesn’t work then what direction should I go?

Ok I cleaned up the temp sender that was on the car. Did an Ohm test and it’s at 248 cold out of the car. If I put this back in the car tomorrow and the gauge still doesn’t work then what direction should I go?
I know this is a pain in the butt, but I would be a few other temp senders if it still doesn't work. I had the same problem. On paper it should work. So I order different brands and the second temp sensor replacement worked.
For the oil pressure, need more information. What happens each time you start the car? The oil pressure gauge goes to the 12PM position and then zeroes out ? Did you replace the oil pressure gauge too? I would buy a couple differnt brands of that too.

I am not a electrician and I'm sure others with chime in but there could be an issues with your gauges themselves - but this is the last resort. There are over 50 years old

Auto Transport Service
Back