• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help with weight bias

Yeap, just going to search until I find someone with scales.

Thanks for the info 707!

Hope you're not thinking that a Dana weighs a couple of tons more than an 8 3/4 are ya :D. A lot of people think they are 100's lbs more but in reality, they average about 50 lbs more......

707, what kind of rpm are you turning?

Not sure if this was addressed to me but, I installed new torsion bars, new A arms, calvert 90/10 front shocks, new rear coil over adjustable strange engineering shocks, new 1350 aluminum drive shaft, new ball joints, new hime joints, upper and lower arms, readjusted the ladder bars, corner balanced, and aligned.

You never did say what suspension you were installing:blob1:

Making my own, kinda playing around with an idea and have some technical help to work out the numbers on the geometry. I just need to come up with all the info for him, I'll wait to start building it until I can find someone to weigh my car.

I'm assuming you need the weight number for a coil spring number. This number will be affected by where you locate the spring. That being said there are many more complicated measurements needed to come up with something even close to as good as the stock stuff.
Doug

Yeah I keep hearing that while so many go out and buy these bolt in units that are designed around "fitting the car" instead of focusing on what is best. Sorry, I don't see leaves and a pinion snubber as a great design and if they were you'd see them on more than trucks now days. I run the piss out of mine and leaves aren't exactly designed to hold your axle centered very well nor do they do a great job of keeping the pinion angle in place either. Just my opinion

707 what torsion bars did you put in?

Yeah I keep hearing that while so many go out and buy these bolt in units that are designed around "fitting the car" instead of focusing on what is best. Sorry, I don't see leaves and a pinion snubber as a great design and if they were you'd see them on more than trucks now days. I run the piss out of mine and leaves aren't exactly designed to hold your axle centered very well nor do they do a great job of keeping the pinion angle in place either. Just my opinion
For most stuff leaf springs do a good job. Plenty of areas to spend $ on. So before you pitch those leaf springs see how these guys do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCM3USeYzM
http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/lapping-valiant.html
Doug
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back