• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need the measurements for 73 roadrunner stripes

satrunner92

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help with the stripes on my car and I know you all would be my best bet on this.

I've got a 73 roadrunner clone that's currently in the shop to get repainted. I'm going back with the original lemon twist yellow paint and black stripes. The guy painting the car wants to paint the stripes and is adamant he can match the original decals with references. At first I was skeptical, but he's shown me other cars he's done where he's painted the stripes on and they look spot on. I gave him some pictures I found online of different angles of the car, but he said if I could get him some pictures with measurements it would be even better.

Basically what I need are the dimensions and the location of the main stripe that goes across the roof and down the sides. (I already have the hood stripe decal installed on the car that I can use as a reference for that.) I want to go with the strobed roof stripes so if anyone could actually count the sections that go across the roof that'd be helpful too. I think there's 10 or 12 but I'm not sure. Another thing that'd be super helpful is some measurements on the road runner letters just below the running birds on the stripe. He plans on airbrushing those on.

If anyone's willing to post some pictures with some measurements I'd be eternally grateful! Anything at all will be a big help! Thanks!

Here's the stripe I'm talking about:
73-74_Roof_Upper.jpg

Save yourself the headache and just get a quality set of stripes from Phoenix Graphix, they are a sponsor on this site you will find their ad on the right side of this forum! The stripe kits they make are top quality!

Nothing's set in stone yet but if I do decide on using decals I'll definitely get a set from Phoenix Graphix! By the way, do you know about how long they'll hold up? The reason I'm asking is he told me that if he painted them they'd last a lot longer than the decals would.

Also, this is kinda unrelated, but he said that a lot of Mopars from the 60s and 70s had matte black stripes and he thought that would look good on my car. My gut reaction is that lemon twist yellow and matte black wouldn't go good together. But what do you all think? Have any of you ever seen that color combo on like a 'Cuda or something before?

Never seen one with flat black. The new stripes are much better vinyl than what was available in the 70's, should last much longer, and in 20 years if you need to get new ones, you can easily replace them, and who knows, they may last longer that that. You can always ask the guys there if they know the life expectancy of their vinyl. Mine are 6 years old and still look brand new, but its a garage kept car.

Auto Transport Service
Back