• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need tire advice

old guys rule

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Can't find Michelin or Cooper Cobra 15-in tires. Could use some suggestions please. Thanks Dave

Do you have a discount or an American tire in your area? I just looked on their website and they have 235/60/15 and 275/60/15 shown in stock or can be in stock in 2-5 business days

Have you checked on ebay and amazon?

Tire Rack is usually very competitive: (But yes it looks like they are out of stock, didn't see that at first as they still show a delivery date)
1673015970353.png

Last edited:
Out of stock. Slow boat from China.....
Be careful if you do find some that may be 4-6 years old. I bought 2 245/60/15 Cobra's from Discount. 1 was 4 months old,the other 6 years !!!

i bought a set of cheapo ironman 225/70x15's for some 15x7 torque thrust i had laying around this week. haven't had much of a chance to take a long drive due to the weather but they seem to be ok with short drives.

Some of the cheap tires are pretty impressive. I have Ohtsu on my Datsun 280zx, I’ve driven the car like it’s meant to be driven, and it has no complaints, even wet weather isn’t a problem

there's a very large cooper warehouse about 3 miles from me. the way i understand it local dealers can't buy from it,...crazy!

cheapo ironman
Ironman is a Hercules brand that is owned by Cooper. I have used 6 sets on projects and really like them.
Not very cheap,I bought 2 235/75/15 a day ago and they were $101 each.
2 years ago I bought the same size for $67. Everything is going up up !

Ironman is a Hercules brand that is owned by Cooper. I have used 6 sets on projects and really like them.
Not very cheap,I bought 2 235/75/15 a day ago and they were $101 each.
2 years ago I bought the same size for $67. Everything is going up up !
compared to the cooper cobras i wanted they're cheap. local dealer wanted $800 for four cobras mount/balance; ironman $540. and yes, prices have gone stupid.

No listing for michelin 15" tires at Costco, only BFG. You should be able to find,or order, Cobras almost anywhere.

Have you tried Wal-Mart. They have them listed here.
Cooper Tires

Cooper Cobra Radial G/T P245/60R15 100T All-Season Tire​

$166.99
$16/mo with
black_logo-white_bg.jpg
Learn how
Price when purchased online
Car

Check if this fits your vehicle
Add vehicle
Get expert tire installation
How it works
$17.00-$27.00 per tire (Pay at store)
Add to cart

Free pickup, Tue, Jan 10 at Mcdonough Supercenter

Free shipping, arrives by tomorrow to
Locust Grove, 30248
Want it faster? Add an address to see options
Sold and shipped by Walmart.com

I bought tires for my Ram 2500 diesel there. They had a better price than tire rack and you can have them mount them. Set up the appointment online when you order them.

Auto Transport Service
Back