• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to fill empty garage space.

• Thread starter Deleted member 214
  • Start date
Sorrry Sonny, I hate to do this to you but, while I'm sure the Crossfire is a nice little car to ride in, there's just one major exterior design flaw that I can't overcome......

2004_chrysler_crossfire_base-pic-9015277188651072745.jpeg

18kzxockunj3bjpg.jpg

:toothy2:

that sarcastic ridicule pic is so old...dissapointed in you RC...

my buddy's have e mailed it to me years ago....lol!

I still think it is a cool car BUT should have had a hemi!
:icon_thumright:

theres a guy who did install a hemi in one of those,i recall seeing it.
seen a prowler/stretched too w a hemi in it.

I would own another one.....

Attachments

• [026062].jpg
    [026062].jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 239
Read up on the Crossfire. Old M-B technology - same ball and sector steering as on my 'runner. Seems underpowered except for an SRT, which is out of my price range. I keep going back to SN95 Mustang Cobras. It's not a Mopar, but it ain't a Chevy either. DOHC V-8 with lots of potential. Anybody in the Lancaster PA area like to check one out for me?

Last edited:
OK, Sonny, you have my attention. I even found a few in my price range. However, they are automatic trans only, correct? I kinda like rolling my own. If you shift the auto in the manual mode, does it bang them out or just slush them along?

I have always been in love with the 914. Definitely fun to drive and it's basically a VW engine, so it should be easy enough to work on. And for 10K, you can find a damn nice driver that shouldn't need a lot of work.

914.jpg

OK, Sonny, you have my attention. I even found a few in my price range. However, they are automatic trans only, correct? I kinda like rolling my own. If you shift the auto in the manual mode, does it bang them out or just slush them along?

greg, you are correct.
I could have sold my Crossfire 5 times:icon_rolleyes: , if I had a auto-stick....rather than the 6 speed.

I do like the 6 speed....the car is no slouch.

I test drove a 20k mile 98 Mustang Cobra. How I know why there are so many after market parts for them - rubbery shifter, vague clutch, no low end power. Dealer had a Caliber SRT in stock. Hadn't thought of that. Cool ride, but I can't do a 4-dr. Saw an 89 'vette ragtop with a 6 speed locally, but I'm not ready for a chest full of gold chains and a bad toupee.

Since trucks and classics are out, how about a used Mini Cooper? 2009's and 2010's can be had in the $7k to $10k range and I'd guess they would out handle the miata and solstice. Plus the aftermarket support for them is outstanding, so sky's the limit as far as tinkering and improvements.

Not my cup of tea, as it were, but my brother has a cooper S and absolutely LOVES it.

Most likely candidate right now... too bad it is six hours away :-(
front quarter in garage.jpg

I hate to think ..... my life has come down to selling a 70 RR. Most of us would give our children away to get one of those. I've saved a long time to get a look a-like. Cant imagine ever being in your shoes after a life long pursuit. But I do commend you on paying off bills and for a 70 you must have been drowning....so it is a positive thing to get out of debt. Although I've never had THAT COOL OF A CAR...I've never been in that kind of debt either.
ENJOY the FREEDOM of being debt free!!!! My bills are paid off for the past 15 years.

I guess I cant think of anything else to offer as an opinion. Enjoy what ever car makes you happy.

I hate to think ..... my life has come down to selling a 70 RR. Most of us would give our children away to get one of those. I've saved a long time to get a look a-like. Cant imagine ever being in your shoes after a life long pursuit. But I do commend you on paying off bills and for a 70 you must have been drowning....so it is a positive thing to get out of debt. Although I've never had THAT COOL OF A CAR...I've never been in that kind of debt either.
ENJOY the FREEDOM of being debt free!!!! My bills are paid off for the past 15 years.

I guess I cant think of anything else to offer as an opinion. Enjoy what ever car makes you happy.
Didn't HAVE to sell it. I had a sailboat years ago that I bought as a project and sailed every weekend. After a while I sailed for everybody else and not me. The thrill was gone. A young couple bought it and literally sailed it off into the sunset. No regrets on that. The Road Runner was an amateur resto with 20 years on her. The shop that did the motor work said "trust us, you'll love it" and yeah it was wicked fast but I wanted more of a cruiser. I just didn't want to spend the time and money to repaint her and fix all the little things that needed done. I had my fun with it and made lots good memories, got in Mopar Muscle twice with it, but time to pass it on.

Driven a lot of cars, looked at quite a few more. Taking a road trip this weekend to look and, and hopefully come home with, a 98 Mustang GT ragtop. Southern car, 68k original miles. Same color as my old Road Runner, yellow outside and black inside.

You probably won't get too much love arounbhere for that generation mustang, but it sure is a fun car to drive. Good luck

Done deal. After market exhaust - nice tone at cruise, great burgle at idle, fantastic growl when you hit it. Doesn't drone on the highway unless going uphill. Aftermarket shifter - crisp, short throws. Smooth, easy clutch. New top. K&N filter, and brand new Optima battery. 17" American Racing wheels, staggered, new tires. The yellow trim work on the inside matches my wife's car almost exactly. Stock sound system is nice. The boy racer double wing on back is growing on me. All I can tell ya, it was a blast to drive through the mountains of VA and WV home. On-ramps and sweeping turns are a joy. Thanks to my wife for making the trip.

f quarter.JPGrear quarter.JPGinterior.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back