• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need window trim advice

Dominic Torreto

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
So I bought a 1970 dodge charger 500 back in 2012. It use to be a rag top aka leather top. All the leather was gone. I did a hard top conversion. If people could post up pictures of there window trim on the front windshield and rear windshield that would totally help me out. I am missing trim pieces and want to buy the pieces I need because new trim pieces all around the car is litterly almost 800 dollars plus shipping. If anybody has pieces for sell I will probably buy them. I will be posting up pictures as well. If anybody knows a good restoration part company other than Year one, Classic Industry or Rock auto let me know. Also I would like to know what B Body cars have compatible trim pieces to the Charger. I bought Coronet marker lights and I know they were exactly the same but I do not know about the window trim. Any post on here will help and any junkyards that have these cars parting out will help to.

So you took a convertible and made it into a hard top?

So you took a convertible and made it into a hard top?
Leather top to hard top. They never painted the hood underneath the leather. They didnt even fill in the welds. Chrysler went pretty jewish in the 60s for production cuts.

So I bought a 1970 dodge charger 500 back in 2012. It use to be a rag top aka leather top. All the leather was gone. I did a hard top conversion. If people could post up pictures of there window trim on the front windshield and rear windshield that would totally help me out. I am missing trim pieces and want to buy the pieces I need because new trim pieces all around the car is litterly almost 800 dollars plus shipping. If anybody has pieces for sell I will probably buy them. I will be posting up pictures as well. If anybody knows a good restoration part company other than Year one, Classic Industry or Rock auto let me know. Also I would like to know what B Body cars have compatible trim pieces to the Charger. I bought Coronet marker lights and I know they were exactly the same but I do not know about the window trim. Any post on here will help and any junkyards that have these cars parting out will help to.
I like AMS Obsolete or Jim’s Auto if they don’t have it ??? I don’t know! I’d pay the money if you can get the mouldings as they are rare it sounds. I payed through the Nose for brand new headlight Micro Switches! Some things you have to pony up yes I realize there remakes and that’s great! But the sill need to be molded somehow! In my opinion.

Glad you told me that I did not know Mega Parts sold reproduction parts?
They are actually a pretty big player in the Mopar parts reproduction business.

For clarification, it's a VINYL top.

I know it's an old post that has been revived. But this statement is not true.

whats the difference in 1970 coronet and charger side markers?

Auto Transport Service
Back