• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Needing a front brake metering valve for a 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnes

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
metering valve.jpg

I'm looking for one of the puppies. I bought a new one from Mancini and it leaks. I'd be happy to buy that old one that fell behind your toolbox a couple years back... Go look, it's still there.........

Yeah that one. Just blow it off and stick it in an envelope and send it. Let me know how much I owe.

It was original on my car so I wanted to keep the look and I was too lazy to alter the brake pipes.
I removed the valve from the car and took the guts out of the valve. It is easy.
Roughly tapped a 1/2 NPT thread in it. Screwed a blank plug in there so it could not come out and silver soldered the plug in to seal it.
The valve mounts upside down in my car so nobody notices.
My valve was not working properly and my brakes are now better without it.

It was original on my car so I wanted to keep the look and I was too lazy to alter the brake pipes.
I removed the valve from the car and took the guts out of the valve. It is easy.
Roughly tapped a 1/2 NPT thread in it. Screwed a blank plug in there so it could not come out and silver soldered the plug in to seal it.
The valve mounts upside down in my car so nobody notices.
My valve was not working properly and my brakes are now better without it.

You don't get a nose dive braking situation from that?

No, it has to be for flared tubing and fittings.

Well yeah it'd be a 3/8 24 inv flare T fitting to replace that valve fitting correct?

It's the valve itself on the new fitting that is "leaking". I say "leaking" because it's actually POURING brake fluid out around itself.

The seat isn’t cut correctly on the new China reproduced valves the flare seat is all wrong. If your dead set on installing one wait for an original and rebuild it.

No abnormal nose diving the car still has the factory rear brake proportioning valve. You want as much front brake as you can get until the grip on the front tyres has been exceeded.
The front brake metering valve was installed to send fluid straight to the back brakes until 300 psi was exceeded then the front discs cut in. **** idea IMO.
If it is your brake lines leaking my earlier suggestion may not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back