• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Car Marketing

So many possibilities! Choices are endless. Appliances with zero Soul.

3C88C1EB-C570-4D5E-A678-54EC0FED7E71.jpeg

This car would likely cost “several grand“ just to change the muffler fluid.… Lol. When you purchased more warranty on your vehicles at their current. expiration did you do so from the dealer or one of those third party outfits. I’ve never done either and would prefer the dealer - but also wonder if the third party warranties can be trusted. I’m wondering if they’re like the home warranty outfits that simply can’t be trusted to do the proper thing…..
@Ron H - Still wondering about the additional warranty after yours expired. Not sure it can be done and if it can - dealer or third party? If third party - can they be trusted?

I made a comment in this thread earlier about the EV Porsche 911 commercials on TV.Well since I said that I‘ve now noticed they’re on every 15/20 mins. And the music is almost humerous in its direction toward the snowflakes …. Even the colors they show are snowflake colors….. Yeah a $120k pastel colored Porsche 911 Powered by a few triple A batteries….. where do I sign up….?

@Ron H - Still wondering about the additional warranty after yours expired. Not sure it can be done and if it can - dealer or third party? If third party - can they be trusted?
Sorry, I didn’t catch your post. Anyone find that they sometimes don’t get an alert? Seems that I do. Every time I purchased an extended warranty it was when buying a used car at the dealership. I believe that they have these through a 3rd party anyway. When they were expiring, we received a notice in the mail from that outfit asking if we wanted to extend it. We had some 5 or 6 warranties and they were always fine (except one on that weird issue with my kid’s CRV). My shop would just deal with them directly on covering repairs once they informed me of what needed doing. Shop took a copy of the warranty to verify coverage and they handled it. As you likely know, you typically have choices on the coverage such as silver, gold, or platinum. It’s worth reading it thoroughly. I think the only time I got a bad surprise was when buying the platinum (usually taking the gold) on my kid’s vehicle.

I can look up the warranties (outfits) we had in our files if you’re interested. Maybe do some review checking on the outfit(s) and ask your dealership. It is a legal agreement so stated on what it covers and doesn’t. Good to know also dealing with all the electronic stuff in cars now.

One thing I’ve took a lesson from (with the warranty on my daughter’s CRV) is checking the net on complaints on the vehicle/year/motor, etc. Had I done this, I’d have known what to be wary of viewing the coverages. Same for new/newer vehicles you have as after a year or so, owners start talking about gremlins they’re encountering.

Too much info you already know? If it is, my apologies.

Sorry, I didn’t catch your post. Anyone find that they sometimes don’t get an alert? Seems that I do. Every time I purchased an extended warranty it was when buying a used car at the dealership. I believe that they have these through a 3rd party anyway. When they were expiring, we received a notice in the mail from that outfit asking if we wanted to extend it. We had some 5 or 6 warranties and they were always fine (except one on that weird issue with my kid’s CRV). My shop would just deal with them directly on covering repairs once they informed me of what needed doing. Shop took a copy of the warranty to verify coverage and they handled it. As you likely know, you typically have choices on the coverage such as silver, gold, or platinum. It’s worth reading it thoroughly. I think the only time I got a bad surprise was when buying the platinum (usually taking the gold) on my kid’s vehicle.

I can look up the warranties (outfits) we had in our files if you’re interested. Maybe do some review checking on the outfit(s) and ask your dealership. It is a legal agreement so stated on what it covers and doesn’t. Good to know also dealing with all the electronic stuff in cars now.

One thing I’ve took a lesson from (with the warranty on my daughter’s CRV) is checking the net on complaints on the vehicle/year/motor, etc. Had I done this, I’d have known what to be wary of viewing the coverages. Same for new/newer vehicles you have as after a year or so, owners start talking about gremlins they’re encountering.

Too much info you already know? If it is, my apologies.
Yeah - Well thankfully I have at least 7 yrs before having to worry to much. Kind of hoping if something major is going to happen it would have occurred w/I that time period. Either way it’s a down the road concern and as I indicated buying more time via a dealer is more appealing to me than these 3rd party outfits. The electronics alone in this machine make a reasonably intelligent owner realize they want/need as much protective coverage as possible. The third party outfits would be using aftermarket parts and the cheapest solution they could find to placate the unsuspecting owner. I’m not likely up for that. Heck I may just unload at 6 yrs and be able to sell with at least one yr of factory warranty as a selling point. Never worried about these things as a Lexus owner but German engineering being world renowned except for some reason with their cars makes me think differently. I’m not a kid anymore so I’m not planning on keeping vehicles as long as prior and I want to experience special rides - believe me this X6 M Sport is one helleva ride and incredible experience. No regrets - yet

Auto Transport Service
Back