• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New car

72Satellite

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Alright so I know I don't go on here very much but here is my new project. It's a 1979 Chrysler 300 that a neighbor down the street bought brand new. She passed in November and the son has been trying to sell it ever since. After waiting for him to go from $3,500 to 1,500 I talked to him last sunday and he gave it to me for $800:grin:. Runs, Drives, and is surprisingly rust free for sitting outside most of its life. I changed the spark plugs and wires along with replacing the rubber fuel lines and filter since they got old and started leaking. Currently for some reason it is missfiring and is at a mechanic shop right now to figure it out. Hopefully I'll be driving it to school soon. Enjoy.
CIMG2077.jpg

chrysler2.jpg

CIMG2107.jpg

Good deal in deed, and it's already has a CB antenna installed. : )

We opened the trunk and was wondering what a 40inch rod was doing in there and realized it was for the CB. Put it on and it still works. I'm sure I'll have fun with that.

lol no sorry I can't take that offer. After plates, emissions, title, and now the mechanics it will have cost me a little bit. I want it until High School Drags this Labor Day and then I have to decide whether to sell it and use the money towards my satellite or to keep it. Leaning towards keeping it since the Satellite needs lots of work.

It looks like a lean fire engine (that's the module hanging off the side of the air cleaner) switch to a standard electronic ignition and yourf misfire will probably go away.

Yeah I know it has the lean burn. Actually the misfires were my fault due to me putting on spark plugs wires. Its sorted out right now and runs strong. In Colorado it needs emissions and the mixture was too rich so that is the new problem.

I noticed one thing about your car!? The small alternator and the lack of a
rear window defroster? Odd for a Colorado car isn't it? I wonder why that
was left out? What power options does it have: Power windows, door locks,
seats or trunk?

Yes I believe this is a pretty basline 300. No power options inside, AM only radio, also I see on most '79 300's is Chrome exhaust tips which mine doesn't. Has a Cruise Control which I don't know if it was an option and I don't think it works other than that the only thing I notice is the CB Radio but I believe its dealer installed since it sits on the center console.

1979 300s were a really good all around touring car for their period, and the power team is about as close to bullet proof as it gets. One day these later Bs were get their just due, they have better brakes and suspension than the earlier Bs, and are perhaps the best bang for the buck out there for V8 RWD Mopars.

Good luck to you, and enjoy the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back