• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New carbs

How would or does the Indy intake compare to a Cross Ram in this configuration?
426-max-wedge-intake-carb-package-16.jpg

How would or does the Indy intake compare to a Cross Ram in this configuration?
View attachment 1075952
I dynoed a 498 years ago with a cross ram and then the Indy 440-25. The cross ram made 658@5750. The Indy made 710@6750. No other changes. We started the pull at 4000. The Indy was better from the start. and gained 1000 RPM
Doug

a mate with a chv 409/540 has twin sideways holleys with the full tunnel ram girder linkage , i showed yours as an idea . It should reduce some effort . Just have to check cable length or god forbid buy a lokar one

Tex

Hard numbers comparison. I figured so much but not that much of a gain. I'm refurbishing a 1963 Factory Super Stock. I'd like to keep the appearance of a period correct day 2 car. I have been collecting parts to build a street car that might see some track time grudge racing to but nothing organized. Tenths of a second for what I'm intending the car to achieve might not be as important to me as someone who is seeing more dedicated racing.

The cable shown is a $22 E bay special. With few mods shown below, it fit fine. The brass spacer was made from a fuel line fitting. Then part of the threaded end was cut off so it was flush on the pedal side. Used a thinner nut as well. The quality looks pretty good. The inner core is .060" compared to the factory .063". It is much more flexible. I cut close to 8" off from it. As for Ten Five o's cross ram question. My former car almost always ran the cross ram dynoed above 10.30s anywhere, best of 10.15.
Doug
20210227_110101.jpg
20210227_110904.jpg

Last edited:
I'm attempting to re-live my youth with my 63 Plymouth. I'm putting together a 545 cubic inch Bruce Crower rotating assemble engine with Mopar Performance Max Wedge Heads and Cross Ram. I had a 64 Polara 500 Ramcharger late 70's early 80's. When the 426 with the cross Ram gave up the fight I replaced the engine with a 440 Tarantula intake and a Holley 1250. The fastest the car went with the 440 was 10.96. The Polara was my only car daily driver. I'm confident the 64 would have went faster with a larger carburetor and a different intake. The car became impractical to own and drive because it was getting impossible to find good fuel for the car at the time to run on. I'm hoping to and the goal is to go just as fast if not slightly faster with the Plymouth.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back