• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comp Lifters Collapse

Hello,
Looking for some help. Rebuilding a 440. Comp cam, erson 1.6 roller rockers. In switching to Comp hydraulic roller rockers they were about 1/4" taller than the original hydraulic lifters. Got longer pushrods from Smith Brothers. In setting up and adjusting the rockers, all good. Next time through started seeing readjustments necessary. Pulled the lifters and several were either partially collapsed or cocked. Noticed the box cam kind of beat of the lifter came in and only one set had the blue fish net wrap.
Thank you in advance for any help.

I had the same problem with Comp Cams roller lifters, sent them back 3 times.. took my new build apart twice before I just gave up on them, I too bought a set of Howards and they worked right out of the pretty packaging..
lost my *** on the lifters and pushrods..

Your Howard’s lifter packaging looks the same as the packaging that Morel lifters have. Just bought a new set of Morels earlier this year for my 505 build.

howards are morels , my cam grinder confirmed that . and howards are not badly priced either . comps and johnsons lifter can be just problem after problem , i went through several cases of johnson hyd flat tappets lifters on a new built 340 , i just pilled them all and put seal power lifters from summit in it . and no one sent me intake or rocker cover gaskets . so i don't buy there stuff anymore .

Bought Lunati lifters 2 weeks ago, exact same packaging.

Sounds like Morel lifters are being privately branded and sold by several different companies. I know there’s only about 3 - 4 U.S.A. companies that actually manufactures lifters. Everyone else is just buying and reselling someone else’s product.

The popular manufactures are:
Eaton
Delphi
Morel, lifter bodies and rollers are manufactured by Eaton for them
Johnson / High Lift

Are there any more actual manufacturers?

Schaeffler in Germany is another big one. They manufacture the lifter for the 5.7 / 6.4 Hemi engines. Nothing for the aftermarket though.

two johnsons bvvc
sealed power in mexico
It's been posted who has delphi- not gm

Auto Transport Service
Back