• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new dash wiring harness extra wires 70 bee

doug428

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
i have a new yearone wiring harness for 70 bee
everthing matches except one extra group of wires
they are heavier gauge and doubled up with post type terminals one set is dk blue with white tracer and the other set is lt green. there is also a extra plug in the group.

looks like they connect to a circuit breaker, I think they have to do with turn signals but not sure.
trying to post a pic

this is holding me up from putting the car back together

- - - Updated - - -

these are not on my original harness

Attachments

• extra wires.jpg
    extra wires.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 160
  • extra wires2.jpg
    extra wires2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 158
Can you trace them out and see where they go? Does your car have a tach in the ralley dash? I can go get my books out and see what I can find in them. Ronnie

the smaller gauge of the sme color looks like it goes to each turn signal light
I didnt want to unwrap the new harness tape incase I have to return it.
but the heavier gauge wires dont seam to come out any where else on the harness.
I did continuity check at the blue post end and to the blue blinker light, it the test light turned on. same with the light green wires.

- - - Updated - - -

I;m wondering if they did incorporate the tach wires in with the harness, but why so much larger. I;ll double check that possibility next.
if they are going to change the harness from factor layout they should include a little note with the harness.

someone has informed me that it looks like a charger harness with hide away healights. the extra wires are for headlight relay under the dash.
anyone have this
should I try to tape them off and use it. or will my lights not work.

That male plug with the 2 wires may be for the hood signal indicators. I have a 70 RR i bought with a new YO harness in it and i am sure i have seen that male plug end hanging loose up under my dash along with one or more taped up connectors not being used. My tack is hooked up and working but i thought maybe they wired it in because i don't have the factory wire and grommet coming through the firewall for the tach. If i get a chance when i get the car from storage i will check

Do you have a FSM...Factory Service Manual...and/or a color schematic for your ride? If not get one. I don't know how many times this type of question comes up and for the most part, those 2 very important items are not in hand. It makes all the difference when fixing and restoring our rides. They are invaluable tools of the Hobby. Congrats on the M&H purchase though. For the most part the offerings from them are spot on "Plug - n - Play".....

called M&H and they said the harness is universal to fit all the 1970 B-Body rallye dash cars including the charger with hideaway headlights.
the extra wires are for the headlight relay on a charger with hide away lights.
they told me to just tape or heat shrink the ends and not worry. or I could send it back along with original harness and they would make it match.

Glad there was some resolution (also glad I gave you the right info) --- I would personally just leave them there and tape them up.

Auto Transport Service
Back