• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New day new questions, part 1…gas pedal

bcOH67

Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the floor mounted gas pedal to one that hangs? Sorry I don’t know proper terms. My 67 charger’s pedal is mounted on the floor and pushes against the bar…is there any way, or benefit to, changing to a newer type pedal that hangs above the floor?

…’you’re dumb, stop messing with stuff’ is a completely acceptable answer. :lol:

thanks everyone

I actually like that, as it's a positive place to rest my heel.

Some cars, especially newer ones, make you feel like you are holding your leg in the air all the time- very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
That’s a great point, I guess I never thought about that. I’m just constantly worried the pedal is going to slip off the bar (it’s happened before) so I was seeing if there are any upgrade options and if they are worth it

is everything there and tight?

the only time I've had one slip off was on a car that was missing one of the nuts underneath.

I thought so but I’ll definitely inspect it. If it’s not a common issue then I’d agree and say something isn’t right with mine

...or the linkage bracket loose at the firewall.

Just checked out my pedal and found that one side is indeed broke. Doesn’t always move but if I push it the right way it leans over. Thanks!!

FBBO

...for the win.

Auto Transport Service
Back