• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Diamondback Tires

Very nice. I have always loved redline tires. I just haven't bitten the bullet yet to buy them. Someday I will put them on my Ferd 15" Magnum 500 wheels. I always like the addition to the classic look they provide. Hell, I put 5 new white walls out on my New Yorker a couple of years ago and everyone at the tire store thought I was nuts, until they saw what kind of car they were going on.

20200312_172257.jpg 20200312_172235.jpg

What a beautiful Polara and work of art. Yep, those were the wheels I had in mind. Those air filters on your car had to involve a lot of cash! I saw a guy at the Iola WI meet some years ago trying to sell a badly beat up set for...$1200..
Those air cleaners were fibreglass reproductions. Though not cheap, they were way less expensive than steel originals. Painted up with stickers on them, they looked pretty good.

Those air cleaners were fibreglass reproductions. Though not cheap, they were way less expensive than steel originals. Painted up with stickers on them, they looked pretty good.
They look great. The ones I mentioned IMO wouldn’t be able to be restored they were so beat ta chit and rusty. Maybe some talented fab guy could do it, but geez…1200 bucks..

what rims are those? Been looking for something like that.
Rims for the R/T are Jeg's "Sport Torque", a Torque Thrust knock off. I found the "R/T" hub sticker online, and it was the same size as wheel centre, so on it went. I have people ask if it was an optional wheel for R/T's.

what rims are those? Been looking for something like that.
What a coincidence, Rick. My 1967 R/T was sold new in Hickory, N.C. It still has original Certicard with it. Original owner was Orlando Kenworthy.

Not to hijack this tire thread, but as a fellow Canadian, I can attest to the high cost of this sometimes questionable hobby. I just ordered a rear sway bar for my 64 Polara from Firm Feel. Having it shipped to my U.S. address post office box. Cost in U.S dollars is $635 (with shipping). Because of COVID, I need to have package shipped to a sister warehouse in Canada - Only about 10 miles. Ogdensburg NY to Prescott Ontario. By the time I drive to Prescott to pick up my parcel (1 hr. each way), Pay applicable taxes, currency exchange, broker fees, warehouse fees, my cost will be around $980 CAD. Original cost of sway bar is $535 USD. Pretty much every thing I order for my car is double the original cost by the time it gets to my door. If it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not - it's just the reality of doing business for us classic car guys up north. Our American friends are lucky to have a lot of this stuff made where you live. As an aside, I really don't want to leave all my money to my kids, so I'm not really feeling all that guilty for spending my money on my toys.

Auto Transport Service
Back